What can I expect as an undergrad physics major at Stony Brook University?

• Thread starter aj_17
  • Start date
In summary, as an undergraduate physics major at Stony Brook University, you can expect to gain a strong foundation in physics principles and theories, along with hands-on experience through laboratory work and research opportunities. The program emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical skills, preparing students for various career paths in industries such as engineering, research, and education. The department also offers a variety of resources and support, including tutoring services and study groups, to help students succeed in their coursework. Additionally, students have the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities and organizations related to physics, allowing them to network and enhance their knowledge and skills outside of the classroom.
aj_17
I read posts from physics forums all the time to help with my homework but never got around to making an account until now. I'm just finishing up my first year as an undergrad physics major at stony brook university :) Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile: