New high tech $100 on the way

• News
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, a new high-tech version of the $100 bill will be released on October 8th, after a three-year delay. It will have enhanced security features to combat counterfeiting and assist retailers in identifying fakes. Some people have already received the new bill through ATMs, but others have not yet seen it. The updated design of Benjamin Franklin on the bill has sparked some humorous reactions.
New "high tech" $100 on the way!

The new $100 bill: Same old face, with some high-tech tweaks meant to thwart counterfeiters.

After a three-year hiatus due to production delays, Americans will finally be getting the new $100 bill in their ATMs and bank accounts on October 8, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday.

The new bill will have several features the Fed says will make life difficult for counterfeiters, but should help retailers identify fakes.

6C7077519-130424-dollar-bill-franklin-12p.streams_desktop_large.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/new-high-tech-100-bill-coming-october-6C9577543

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg, how about you send me one ... I want to check it out :smile:

phinds said:
Greg, how about you send me one ... I want to check it out :smile:

Sure! I'll ring up my DPRK contact :D

They lie! I've tilted my screen every which way, and none of those things change colour like they're supposed to. :grumpy:

There are ATMs that dispense Franklins? I've never gotten one myself. Maybe it's because I never withdraw more than $200.

Does Ben Franklin look a bit more impatient? Annoyed? Disappointed, even?

lisab said:
Does Ben Franklin look a bit more impatient? Annoyed? Disappointed, even?

It looks to me like he has gas.

1. What is "New high tech $100 on the way"?

"New high tech $100 on the way" refers to the upcoming release of a new $100 bill that will feature advanced security features and technology.

2. When will the new $100 bill be released?

The new $100 bill is set to be released in the fall of 2021, although the exact date has not been announced yet.

3. What are the new security features on the $100 bill?

The new $100 bill will have several advanced security features, including a 3D security ribbon, a color-shifting bell in the inkwell, and a watermark portrait of Benjamin Franklin that will be visible when held up to light.

4. How will the new $100 bill benefit consumers?

The new $100 bill will provide increased protection against counterfeiting, making it safer for consumers to use and reducing the risk of receiving fake bills.

5. Will the old $100 bills still be valid?

Yes, the old $100 bills will still be valid and can be used for transactions alongside the new $100 bills. The old bills will gradually be phased out as they become worn out and are taken out of circulation by banks.