1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New idea? what to do?

1. May 2, 2005 #1
    In following up one of my idiot ideas that usually turnout to be absolotley stupid, I may have discovered, or rediscovered, an actuall result that I think might be worth publishing in arxiv. Since im only a undergraduate student Im wondering what I should do. Should I talk to a doctor at my school about my idea or should I pursue it myself, wright an article and try to get it published?

Actually im pretty sure that this hasnt been published yet since it has to do with my graduation-exam, where Ive been reading the latest articles about the subject. If I have found something, I dont want someone else to take credit for it or publish it and only mention me etc. If I could get it published myself it could do good things for my future.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2005 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Write it up.
    It'll help clarify what you have found... and maybe lead to more.
    You should find someone you trust to critique it.
    Do a literature search.

my $0.02

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?