Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Ideas

1. Nov 21, 2003 #1
    we need new ideas,

we need to move us (the human race) toward somthing

at the moment it seems like a chaos of ideas which only help to give us more chaos.

unless some takes us in a direction we are actual going around in circles

where do we head? towards the star's, to know our innerselfs , to the bottom of the sea?

to find GOD or a god,

what are your thoughts?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2003 #2
    what is it that we want for ourselfs as a whole isnt to go to the moon or to see what lurks in the ocean, it is money and to find any means possible to get it.
  4. Nov 21, 2003 #3
    We are going in all those directions at once, because we are such a diverse race. We are omni directional, and the circle is expanding.
  5. Nov 21, 2003 #4
    HUman's main motivation must be
    possessing better technology.
  6. Nov 24, 2003 #5
    How do you figure?
  7. Dec 3, 2003 #6
    It would seem that one of our main focuses is to find order among the world. This can be done by understanding new ideas. Right now, this is stalgenating as new ideas are patented and used for money rather than intellectual self improvement.
  8. Dec 3, 2003 #7
    What is better the Truth or un-Truth? As Nietzsche points out in his writings it is the answer to these kinds of questions that "new" philosophers will be trying to figure out, thus maybe we should be trying to figure out and get some "new ideas". Why is Good better than Bad. Is world order good? Why do we think it is Good? Can world order ever be Bad? Why do we think in opposites? The new "ideas" should bring about a new way of thinking. And is this Good? or Bad? and Why?
  9. Dec 3, 2003 #8
    I may be wrong, but doesn't chaos yield order when there is too much of it, and the likewise would be true as well? I know this is true in terms of social agenda (i.e. a tyrant who wields too much control will make people riot).

I think ideas are always generated, probably because answers in science generally generate more questions.

From here, im not sure where we head.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?