Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New kid here

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    Hi everyone, as you can see I'm new to this place and this is my first visit. Although I haven't seen much yet, I'm already fascinated with this place. To tell you a bit more about me I'm 14 years old probably the youngest or one of the youngest members here. Despite my age I believe I can still use the little knowledge I have to make some posts. English is my 3rd language so please excuse any mistakes I make. So anyway I just wanted to say hi before I post anything else.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi nicot,

Welcome to PF.:smile:

I know there are a fair number of members of your age group, so you're not alone. Feel free to ask any questions and expand your learning. The members here are very helpful, and a large number are very knowledgeable as well. Spend some time going through the rules and understanding the format of these forums, so you can make the most of your PF experince.

Your English, so far, is just fine, so you have nothing to worry about. :biggrin:

4. Dec 18, 2004 #3
    Where can I read the rules?

5. Dec 18, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you signed on, there was a set of rules. In some of the forums on this site, there are additional "sticky" threads at the top of the page with more specific instructions for that forum. For example, the homework help sections remind people that we don't do your homework for you, and you should show the work you have already done when you ask a question.

Welcome to PF! I'm sure Evo will offer you a welcome fish soon. And watch out for JimmyP. :biggrin: (Running joke here...stick around and before long, you'll be the one warning the new folks of that). Oh, and there's a guy running around here with a pink ribbon under his name; don't take him too seriously. :rofl:

6. Dec 18, 2004 #5
    Hahah ok well thank you for the help and the welcome.

7. Dec 18, 2004 #6
    Hiya nicot. :)

8. Dec 18, 2004 #7
    Welcome nicot! I hope you’re mentally and physically prepping yourself for your ceremonial inaugural hazing! :p

9. Dec 18, 2004 #8
    Heya :) English as a third language - that's amazin'... Anywayz - welcome, I am pretty sure you are one of the youngest... I am 15 btw.

10. Dec 18, 2004 #9
    3rd languages at 14, thats impressive, spanish and portugese right? I spent 3 years in france at that age and didn't even completely pick up the language.

11. Dec 18, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

nicot, your English is already better than that of many of the native English speakers on the board! No need to worry there!

Well, you probably are among the youngest, since the minimum age in these parts is 13 I think, though there are a lot of folks in that category. Everyone else who has started out at your age has gotten older eventually, so no need to worry, it doesn't last forever. :wink: :biggrin:

12. Dec 18, 2004 #11

ek

Flawless english in that paragraph. A lot of people around here would do well to learn from you.

Welcome to the boards.

13. Dec 18, 2004 #12
    Welcome to the boards nicot. English is my second language. It's easy to learn and implement. Based on your introduction, so far so good :)

14. Dec 18, 2004 #13
    Yeah - You have nothing to worry ;)

15. Dec 19, 2004 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm...nearly a Churchill, that.

16. Dec 19, 2004 #15
    LoL. :rofl: :rofl:

17. Dec 19, 2004 #16
    I agre, many people here don't speek well anglish. Could well do to learn u from.

18. Dec 19, 2004 #17
    :rofl: you cack me up avery tim.

19. Dec 19, 2004 #18
    You're quoting the wrong person boy. I didn't say that

20. Dec 19, 2004 #19
    Actually no, the other two languages are spanish and chinese. I live in South America, but my family is chinese. Thanks to all the people that welcomed me. This seems to be a great forum to be a part of.

21. Dec 19, 2004 #20
    Hey Nicot, I am Chinese too! I like the way you write. We are such a composed and polite people! :approve: :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?