1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New kind of award ?

1. Sep 10, 2004 #1
    New kind of... "award" ?

If somebody is strongly suspected by a reliable person or even one of the moderators to use this great site for immoral purposes, such as propagating racist ideas in the form of (pseudo-)scientific work, should not the moderators discuss to award him/her with "please read this post with caution" or something like that (maybe more explicit) ?

I am not making any reference here. Just a suggestion...

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2004 #2
    I should get the 60+ posts in 2 days award. :smile:

4. Sep 11, 2004 #3

But would that really be an award ??? :uhh:

regards
    marlon :cool:

5. Sep 12, 2004 #4

Gza

If your posts involved the betterment of the physicsforums community in some way, I would agree; yet all you do is attack mentors like Chroot, and I see that as nothing to be proud of.

6. Sep 12, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's amazing how some people cherish quantity over quality.

Hmm...on the topic of "other" medals, maybe we should give out a crackpot medal. Some might like to wear it as a badge of honor, but at least we'd see them coming! :rofl: It might also help those without medals feel better about their status :smile:

Afterall, there are plenty of people around who may not be "experts" (as if such a thing really exists), but who do have the good sense to know their limits and who have great potential of becoming an expert someday. With or without a medal, these steadfast posters who contribute lots of questions and limit their answers to what they do know (or venture an ocassional educated guess pre-empted with the warning it is a guess) are perhaps the most valuable in a forum setting. Really, noone should think they aren't appreciated just because they didn't get a medal.

7. Sep 12, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

I should get the "Quality gambling service paradigm award for moneymaking and teamwork excellence" (count the buzzwords!) I made the shop £5,500 today.

8. Sep 12, 2004 #7
    I would rather never have the "expert" medal, even though I hope becoming physicist. That would require me much more attention in my posts :wink: :biggrin:

That is a terrible acknowledgement I just did :redface: :redface: :shy:

9. Sep 12, 2004 #8
    I get you Humanino

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?