Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New little things?

1. Mar 16, 2007 #1

Mk

How long have the S and the A been there in Physics and Forums? in the bottom of the first letter. And I also saw a shopping cart speeding away next to a google adsense ad! Since when!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2007 #2

AKG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I just noticed the S and A yesterday, what the heck are they? The shopping carts have been around for a week or two at least, I think.

4. Mar 16, 2007 #3
    At least for the past 12 hours or so.
    What ad? :confused:

5. Mar 16, 2007 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

6. Mar 16, 2007 #5
    The initials of selfAdjoint.

7. Mar 16, 2007 #6
    What shopping cart, and what S and A?
    I don't see any of those.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  8. Mar 16, 2007 #7

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know about the shopping cart, but the title "Physics Forums" that is at the top of each page has an S embedded into the bottom of the P, and an A embedded into the bottom of the F.

9. Mar 16, 2007 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The S & A aren't visible to me either.

10. Mar 16, 2007 #9
    I think it's a skin thing, I'm using Nexus, maybe they are visible on Prime

11. Mar 16, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm in Prime, and they are there, but until someone mentioned them, I didn't notice at all...and even when they did, I was staring at it a long time before seeing them. Try clearing the cache if you don't see them after staring at the header for a while. They're very small, and light text inside the PF letters themselves. I think something a bit more prominent is needed.

And, after checking Nexus, no, it's not there in Nexus. Probably too hard to modify the header with all the flash stuff in Nexus.

12. Mar 16, 2007 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Me neither...until I cleared my cache and refreshed.

13. Mar 18, 2007 #12
    I think its a nice touch. Its not overt.. very subtle. :) I wish I got to know SA, sounds like he was a nice guy.

And I had to clear my cache as well.

14. Mar 18, 2007 #13

Danger

Gold Member

Greg (and/or Chroot), that was a very cool thing that you did as a tribute. Subtle, yet powerful, like the man himself. Anyone who doesn't believe that PF is a family will have to re-evaluate his stance.

15. Mar 18, 2007 #14

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

what is clearing your cache, and how is it done?

16. Jun 27, 2007 #15

Mk

Cache are little things your internet browser downloads so that it can retrieve them faster the next time you want to see them, like maybe the PF title at the top of the page. Let's say the PF logo changed (as it did) and our computer didn't know that. It would retrieve the old, cached image, and use that one instead of the downloading the new one. On Safari I press option, apple, E, and I think it's been said how to do it on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?