Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New member from the Humanities

1. Jul 30, 2016 #1
    My name is Craig. I do not work in the field of Mathematics or Science. I have a Ph.D. in Romance Philology. My disertation was a lexicon of Early Spanish (late 15th Century) to Modern Spanish. The entries to my lexicon were drawn from a concordance of the Fifteenth Century Translation into Early Spanish by Vicente de Burgos of De Proprietatibus Rerum (on the Properties of Things), a Latin Encyclopedia compiled by Bartholomeus Anglicus in the Thirteenth Century. The only thing of possible interest about my work in this forum is that I documented the first use of many scientific terms in the Spanish Language. This is merely my introduction. I will try post my question in the appropriate thread, but I am clueless as two what I propose is, and if it has a name or or not, and to which category of Math it belongs. I have been unable to find where anyone has described, demonstrated, or proposed it previously.
    I will post in the General Math forum for lack of specificity.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2016 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi crraaig. smiley_sign_welcome.gif

General Maths sounds like a good place to start. Good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted