Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Member Introduction

1. May 27, 2017 #1
    Hello, everyone. I've been following these forums occasionally for about 2 years now, and I kind of like the community and share some of the interests of people on these forums.

So I'm from Colombia (South America). I am in my mid-20s and I am an undergrad in mathematics in Colombia. I used to be in an IT management with some computer science program, but i dropped out a semester short of graduating. Then i entered a physics program in another institution but ended up switching to math.

I have worked as a calculus tutor for the institution I'm studying in, given some private lessons on programming and also have been a TA in basic programming courses in the university I used to study in. Right now, I am a part time English teacher and expect to start doing the calculus tutor thing again next term.

Anyways, I am interested in geometry, mechanics, applied math in general (obviously, I also think pure math is awesome), simulations and education. I aspire to be a good high school or maybe college teacher and work on my own side projects.

Hope I can be of help to students, and to learn from what other people here post. Also, I think the education discussions are really interesting and I would like to be part of it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted