Reconnecting with Physics: A Ph D's Journey Back to the World of Science

• Thread starter DrEntropy
  • Start date
In summary, "Reconnecting with Physics: A Ph D's Journey Back to the World of Science" is a personal account of the author's journey in rediscovering their love for physics after feeling detached from the world of science for many years. Through their experiences in academia and industry, the author reflects on the challenges and rewards of pursuing a Ph D in physics and how it has shaped their perspective on the field. The book offers insights on the current state of physics research and the importance of staying curious and connected to the ever-evolving world of science.
DrEntropy
Greetings,
I have a Ph D in Physics from Yale (Atomic/Optical physics experimental) but have not been actively involved in Physics for a about 15 years or so, depending on what you mean by 'active'. My goal in joining here is to seek out interesting discussions, especially about quantum physics (my primary interest is pedagogy, but also interested in philosophy of measurement). FWIW if there are any discussions of Physics and Music, i will jump in there as well!
Cheers!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
We are very glad to have you. Welcome to PF. I like the DrEntropy name.

Likes DrEntropy