Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Member: J-I-M

1. Feb 21, 2016 #1
    Hello, I joined this forum because I would like to learn more about physics. I recently withdrew from my Physics 1 course at school because I do not like the imposed deadlines or assignments and I would rather learn at my own pace, at my leisure. I am currently using The Physics Hypertextbook, Schaum's Outlines, Youtube, and the various tutoring resources available at the school I attend in order to get a better understanding of the introductory elements of physics. I'd like to pursue this as a hobby and possibly take more courses if and when the time is right. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2016 #2
    Hi @J-I-M Having the interest is key - I came to physics late simply because I didn't choose to take it in early years. Don't underestimate how much more difficult it will be to self-tutor on such a huge and varying subject, but there's nothing wrong at all with choosing your own pace and learning style. Welcome.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook