Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New member - J-Schu

1. Sep 26, 2016 #1
    Hi all. I just wanted to contribute to a thread on faraday cage construction for 60hz fields, but it doesn't look like I can at this point in time. Maybe by the time I can I will have forgotten about it but that's ok.

This seems like a great community of individuals from various disciplines and a great place to go to get questions answered.

A little about my nerd background, in case anyone cares:
    8 years nuclear navy (submarine reactor operator/supervisor, maintained reactor instrumentation, also many out-of rate qualifications).
    8 years as an analyst for a major energy company, worked with many various plant technologies.
    Spent 3 years researching, developing, engineering, etc. technology and facilities that use microwaves to convert various waste streams into fuel with great efficiency and extremely low waste, via plasma gasification and Fischer-Tropsch processes.
    Played drums for 23 years (although hardly been able to play much and haven't performed for a few years).
    Have been studying and practicing reiki and other forms of energy healing for 2 years now. And have gained understanding of how the laws of the universe allow for it to work. I am willing to discuss and even demonstrate for open-minded and curious people.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2016 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to our forum J-Schu, unfortunately these are subjects we do not allow on our forum as we focus only on mainstream science. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Please be sure to read our rules so that you understand what we do here. :smile:

4. Sep 26, 2016 #3

berkeman

Thank you for your service, Navy!
    As Evo says, please re-check the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page) to see what-all we allow in posts here. :smile:

5. Sep 27, 2016 #4
    Ok, thanks. Can string theory or theoretical physics be discussed here?

6. Sep 27, 2016 #5

berkeman

Sure, in the appropriate forum, and based on peer-reviewed journal articles or mainstream textbooks. Be sure to post links to those references when posting in the technical forums here. :smile:

7. Sep 27, 2016 #6
    Ok. Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook