What's the connection between engineering and particle physics?

• Thread starter LakeGazer
  • Start date
In summary, engineering and particle physics have a strong connection as engineers play a crucial role in the design, construction, and operation of the large-scale experiments used to study particles. They work closely with physicists and other scientists to develop and improve technologies such as particle accelerators, detectors, and data analysis methods. Additionally, engineering principles and techniques are essential in solving complex problems and pushing the boundaries of particle physics research. This collaboration between engineering and particle physics has led to significant advancements in our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe.
LakeGazer
Hi. I am happy to find these forums. I am an engineer with a physics fetish, especially particle physics. While browsing the site, I will probably be listening to early Renaissance choral music, glancing from time-to-time at my cat sleeping on the table.

I am also giving video sessions to middle and high school classes on STEM professions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF LakeGlazer!