How Can a Maintenance Mechanic Benefit from Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Philip Potts
  • Start date
In summary, a maintenance mechanic can benefit from Physics Forums by gaining access to a community of experts and resources that can help them solve complex technical problems. They can also improve their understanding of fundamental physics principles, such as mechanics and thermodynamics, which are crucial in troubleshooting and maintaining machinery. Additionally, the forum provides a platform for collaboration and knowledge sharing with other professionals in the field, allowing mechanics to stay updated on the latest advancements and techniques in their industry. Overall, Physics Forums offers a valuable opportunity for maintenance mechanics to enhance their skills and knowledge, leading to improved job performance and career growth.
Philip Potts
Hello All,

My name is Philip Potts. I am a 62 year old maintenance mechanic in a factory that stamps metal parts for the automotive industry. My background in physics in nil. In fact, my math background is high school algebra and geometry. Part of my job is to design and build tables, carts and other simple things. Occasionally I will have a project that requires a little more engineering so I hope to pop in here from time to time for help.

Thanks in advance to all.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Philip. :smile: