What Does the Number Next to My Username Represent on Science Discussion Forums?

• Thread starter NecroChicken
  • Start date
NecroChicken
Hello to all. My name is necrochicken. You can call me necro or chicken and I think I really like pie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 321
Physics news on Phys.org
So are you are here 24/7 :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Feels like it :)
Is there a way I can contact you on PF from time to time?

Last edited by a moderator:
NecroChicken said:
Is there a way I can contact u on PF from time to time?
About what?

Physics and stuff

Greg Bernhardt said:
About what?
Also what is that little 0 next to my name?

NecroChicken said:
Also what is that little 0 next to my name?
Post count. Only counts in science areas.

1. What does the number next to my username represent on Science Discussion Forums?

The number next to your username on Science Discussion Forums represents your post count. This number increases every time you make a new post or comment on the forum.

2. Does the number next to my username affect my credibility on the forum?

No, the number next to your username does not necessarily reflect your credibility on the forum. It simply shows how active you are in participating in discussions and sharing your thoughts and ideas.

3. Can I change the number next to my username?

No, the number next to your username cannot be changed. It is a reflection of your activity on the forum and cannot be altered by the user.

4. Is there a minimum number of posts required to have a number next to my username?

Yes, most forums have a minimum number of posts required to have a number next to your username. This is to ensure that users are actively participating in discussions before they are given a post count.

5. Does having a high post count make me an expert on the forum?

No, having a high post count does not necessarily make you an expert on the forum. It simply means that you are an active member of the community and have contributed a lot to discussions. Expertise is determined by the quality of your contributions, not just the quantity.