Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jan 24, 2016 #1
    Hello.
    I have a long standing interest in the human body and overall longevity. This has lead me to investigate EMFs and a host of activities and health promoting techniques. I am a novice, slowly gaining a bachelor's degree, and passionately self-studying on the side about holistic therapies.
    I'm sure there are a lot of interesting threads to glean from, and I hope to add intelligent thought to bring a better existence to any who see my posts as well.
    Thanks for the forum!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Please keep in mind that we deal with mainstream science here on the PF, and require mainstream references when discussing topics in the technical forums. Enjoy!

4. Jan 24, 2016 #3
    Thank you for the reply. To understand you correctly, are you saying that anything I discuss and contribute for additional thought needs to be backed by citation from a peer reviewed study? I am not interested in the metaphysical or 'wierd' and unscientific applications. Only clearly backed scientific methods for wellness.
    Please use more common language, or layman's terms if I am still not quite understanding your forum requirement. Thanks! o_O

5. Jan 24, 2016 #4

berkeman

Good questions! It's best to just re-read the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page). They should be pretty clear on how we organize discussions here. It's a great place. :smile:

6. Jan 24, 2016 #5

berkeman

If you have any more questions about this, please feel free to start a private conversation with me. I'll close this thread for now, since the New Member Introductions forum is for just that. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook