Remembering the Rules: A Scientist's Return to the Online Science Community

• Thread starter Alexandra Fabiello
  • Start date
In summary, "Remembering the Rules: A Scientist's Return to the Online Science Community" is a personal account of a scientist's experience rejoining the online science community after a hiatus. The author explores the rules and norms of the community, including the importance of citing sources and engaging in respectful discussions. They also reflect on the benefits of online science communities, such as the access to a wide range of expertise and the ability to collaborate with others. Overall, the author emphasizes the importance of upholding the rules and values of the online science community in order to foster a positive and productive environment for scientific discourse.
Alexandra Fabiello
Well, technically I've been here before, about 6-7 years ago or so, back in high school, but I had issues with uni, and the aftermath wasn't exactly conducive to remembering much of anything, so I actually forgot about this until recently. I might not even have my original e-mail anymore, so I just made a new account. But it's been such a long time that I forgot any unspoken rules around here except for 'don't steal a thread', so if I forget something, sorry, just tell me, and I'll remember for next time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!