Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jul 23, 2017 #1
    I am an artist from a family of physicists and engineers. I am about to have an "artist residency" at CERN.

My father and Grandfather both worked on the Manhattan project and I have archives of material, mostly personal and anecdotal, about their work before, during, and after WWII.

My Grandfather was the lead engineer at Berkeley working with Lawrence before the US entered the war. He worked on the cyclotron and was a main designer of the factory at Oak Ridge. His name does not show up in the books because he was sub-contracted from Stone and Webster in Boston. He has amazing stories from this period, in an unpublished manuscript and on tape cassettes.

My father was in charge of the nuclear powered airplane engine developed at General Electric during the 50's and 60's. We have the scale model of the engine and artist renderings, plus notes and his book entitled "Remote Handling."

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Jul 23, 2017 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What is an "artist residency" at CERN? Can you post any links?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted