What topics can independent scientists explore in math and physics?

• Thread starter Ken Miller
  • Start date
In summary, independent scientists can explore a wide variety of topics in math and physics, including mathematical modeling, cosmology, quantum mechanics, and theoretical physics. They can also investigate topics such as the nature of time, the origin of the universe, and the behavior of particles at the subatomic level. Additionally, independent scientists can delve into the applications of math and physics in fields such as engineering, computer science, and economics. Their independent research allows for innovative and groundbreaking discoveries that contribute to our understanding of the natural world and advance technological advancements.
Ken Miller
My name is Ken Miller. I'm an independent-study person, 67 years of age. I retired a few years ago from an electrical engineering job, and recently got interested in pursuing (for my own fun) some aspects of math and physics that I didn't cover in school or work: group theory, calculus of variations, relativity, advanced mechanics, quantum theory, and others (including digging deeper into electromagnetic theory than I did either in school or work). Without others around me to consult, it's pretty easy for me to get stuck on a problem or even a concept, so I'm excited about finding Physics Forums--hurray! I will probably be mostly a beneficiary of others' wisdom for some time, but hope I can develop into a help for others at some point.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Ken Miller. :welcome: