Is this the solution to my broken mouse woes?

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
In summary, this conversation is about a person who found a working mouse on their doorstep in a small cardboard box. They express excitement about finally having a working mouse after their previous ones died. They also discuss the features of their new mouse, such as 11 buttons and the ability to program them for different functions. The conversation also includes a discussion about real mice and their cuteness, as well as a list of the top 10 strangest computer mice and a video demonstration of an early computer mouse. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about a person getting paid a large salary for being able to word process and a discussion about the voices of people in old videos from the 50s.
Rach3
I just found this on my doorstep in a small cardboard box:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8404/2610518503xl1.jpg

So exciting! A working mouse at last! I've had two die on me this week, one had a damaged optical tracking thing, another one blew up without warning (a battery may have been in backwards).

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Rach3 said:
I just found this on my doorstep in a small cardboard box:

So exciting! A working mouse at last! I've had two die on me this week, one had a damaged optical tracking thing, another one blew up without warning (a battery may have been in backwards).
Well, I hope you don't forget to feed this one. :grumpy:

I <3 my mouse. I bought it over the summer when my previous mouse began to die on me (it was time though... it was really old).

Have fun with your new mouse

32717687_4a0ad1cd88_m.jpg

Get a real mouse.

cyrus

Haha, my mouse has 11 buttons :bugeye:

I love this one button which I programmed to go to my homepage.. My homepage is google, so whenever I need to look something up, BAM! Clicked! Then I have a play button, which is nice for listening to music. That along with a forward and back button, music track wise. I also have up and down buttons which act as the up and down keys on the keyboard... Oh, also a volume control, up down, left click, right click, and clicking on the scroller thing.

I'm shocked that I actually use all of them!

Hmmm... mine has one button. Doesn't need any more. :tongue:

robphy said:
Top 10 Strangest Computer Mice
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/top-10-strangest-computer-mice

Check out the mouse near the end of this 2 minute video:
http://vodreal.stanford.edu/engel/03engel200.ram
from
http://sloan.stanford.edu/MouseSite/1968Demo.html

:rofl: I bet this guy had in his resume 'CAN WORD PROCESS' and got paid 100k for that!

Also, why the hell do all these guys in these videos from the 50's have that 'voice'

You know what I mean. They all sound like old time radio guys.

I like his mic, either he's at NASA launch control, or he's in a boy band. Take your pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What could be causing my mouse to break?

There are several possible reasons for a broken mouse, including physical damage, outdated drivers, or software issues. It's best to troubleshoot each potential cause to determine the exact problem.

2. How can I fix my broken mouse?

The solution to fixing a broken mouse will depend on the specific issue. You may need to replace the mouse, update drivers, or adjust settings in your computer or mouse software. It's best to determine the exact cause before attempting a fix.

3. Can a broken mouse be repaired?

In some cases, a broken mouse can be repaired. If the issue is physical damage, you may be able to replace the affected parts. However, if the issue is with the internal components, it may be more cost-effective to replace the mouse entirely.

4. How do I know if my mouse is broken or just not working?

If your mouse is not working at all, it is likely broken. However, if it is only experiencing occasional issues or not responding in certain situations, it may just need to be updated or have settings adjusted. Troubleshooting can help determine the exact problem.

5. Is it worth it to fix a broken mouse or should I just replace it?

The answer to this question will depend on the specific issue and the cost of repair versus replacement. In some cases, it may be more cost-effective to replace the mouse entirely. However, if the issue is minor and can be easily fixed, it may be worth attempting a repair before purchasing a new mouse.