New Name for Tsu: Pick your Favorite!

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Tsu [Tsunami] wants to officially change her name to Echo 6 Sierra's PF Sister-in-Law. The others don't quite have a good ring to them, so she's going to have to vote for Tsu, which most of us call her anyway.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Due to recent events, Tsu [Tsunami] wants to officially change her name.

What is your preference for her new name?

1). Tsu
2). A-bomb
3). Avalanche
4). Hurricane
5). Volcano

If you knew Tsu like I know Tsu... :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
How about something Japanese like..kamikaze :rolleyes:

Lets not go with volcano! Since she sort of predicted the Tsunami, I would rather not call in a volcano! :yuck:

Tsu, is good!

oooo ooo! I got one!
"Attack of the giant doughnuts!" Oh man, that'd be sweeeet...cream filling everywhere!

check said:
oooo ooo! I got one!
"Attack of the giant doughnuts!" Oh man, that'd be sweeeet...cream filling everywhere!

To shorten it up it and mix it in with the one Ivan stated earlier, this synthesis would produce...... "A-doughbomb"

I like it.

Last edited:
Since I already have a friend who goes by the screen name Hurricane, that would be too confusing to me. The others don't quite have a good ring to them, so I'm going to have to vote for Tsu, which most of us call her anyway. :biggrin:

yeah, I could only deal with 'Tsu'.

Math Is Hard said:
yeah, I could only deal with 'Tsu'.
Ditto. I can't think of anything else that would feel right.

Evo said:
Ditto. I can't think of anything else that would feel right.

I concur. Tsu's Tsu and all I can think of Tsu is Tsu.

Tsu sounds good, linked in term of letters to the old name, and known in social way like that here at PF, it will remind us of the same character.

[if i make a new member called Mosestti, it could be a link between me and him in a mind of people here :biggrin: :bugeye: ]

People !, with our extremelly short attention span no one will remember about some Tsunami disaster in Indonesia.I allready keep forgeting stuff.Leave Tsunami alone.

Yeah come on, you didn't see me go and changing my name after the smurf genocide of '72.

There were Smurfs in '72? I don't remember seeing any until the 1980's.

Exactly! It took ages for their population to recover, it was absolutely devestating.

eeeeeeewwwwwww...smurfs reproducing...yuck!

Smurf said:
Exactly! It took ages for their population to recover, it was absolutely devestating.
Of course it takes a long time, given that there is apparently only one female. Or do smurfs reproduce by budding? Or hmm... maybe they're like ferns and alternate haploid and diploid generations—perhaps the alternate generations are those fluorescent-haired troll thingummies...

And what happens if poor Smurfette gets eaten by a giant squirrel or abducted by aliens? Does one of the males change gender like frogs do?

(And Ivan—you're our resident expert, right?—how do the aliens react when they abduct a smurf?)

Last edited:
I agree Tsu should almost certainly stay Tsu, or even just , i.e. "tsu" :wink: (or perhaps that should be – since she is a 外人 )

Or other things to try:
  • Cyclone
  • Tornado
  • H-bomb (if you know Tsu like Ivan knows Tsu, why settle for an A-bomb...? :biggrin:)
  • Typhoon
  • Tempest
  • Scirocco (my favorite—other than just keeping "Tsu", of course)

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
eeeeeeewwwwwww...smurfs reproducing...yuck!
If you don't like that you won't like [link withdrawn] [Warning Contains Strong Adult Content] (no, not the fun kind - seriously not for the even moderatly easily offended)

Last edited:
plover said:
I agree Tsu should almost certainly stay Tsu, or even just , i.e. "tsu" :wink: (or perhaps that should be – since she is a 外人 )

Or other things to try:
  • Cyclone
  • Tornado
  • H-bomb (if you know Tsu like Ivan knows Tsu, why settle for an A-bomb...? :biggrin:)
  • Typhoon
  • Tempest
  • Scirocco (my favorite—other than just keeping "Tsu", of course)

Instead of going through all that effort why not just call her "BIG BOOM"

I second Ivan's eew. Weren't they all male originally? I don't want to know how that would work.

Smurf honestly the thing is so disgusting, will you consider withdrawing it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese :shy:

Ivan Seeking said:

What is your preference for her new name?

How about Echo 6 Sierra's PF Sister-in-Law? :biggrin: (referring of course to the now-famous "Win a Dream Date with Evo" thread) I can see it now...Ivan, my PF S.I.L, Evo and myself laughing at some cute joke as the waiter brings our Champagne and chocolate to the table on the lanai so we can watch the sunset...

How about "The Contributer Formerly Known as Tsunami." And she could use an unpronoucable symbol for her name. :biggrin:

I vote for Tsu as well.

Tsu, I just want you to know if it was anyone else we were having this conversation I would be giving them such a hard time. With you it doesn't sound as bad. I think maybe you two have a little too much drama sometimes though.
cause: Bush elected
effect: WE'RE moving to Canada
cause: natural disaster
effect: I'm changing my name
this is a scary progression
cause:broke a fingernail
effect: amputation

If you do HAVE to change your name, don't change it to another disaster, cause then if that disaster does happen you'll be blamed.

Integral said:
Lets not go with volcano! Since she sort of predicted the Tsunami, I would rather not call in a volcano! :yuck:

Tsu, is good!
How about Earth_Shattering_Asteroid?

russ_watters said:
How about Earth_Shattering_Asteroid?
Tsunami does pale by comparison.

I think that Tsu's desire to change her name is more than a knee jerk reaction to the event. I think that she probably feels it is insensitive and being used too lightly as a user name to use it in that capacity. I remember thinking when I first read a post by her following the tragedy that she will probably change it because she appears to me to be a very sensitive person.

Ivan Seeking said:

What is your preference for her new name

Thunder kitty

*gasps*Zooby's back!

zoobyshoe said:
Thunder kitty

Holy Moly ! Zooby's here !

Zoob, have you any idea what kind of torture you've been putting us through ?

What about Gokul43202?

But 43202's such a boring number ... :grumpy:

(here's your chance to do a Ramanujan)

zoobyshoe said:
Thunder kitty
OMG! (Because of the name and Zooby making a special appearance)

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
(here's your chance to do a Ramanujan)
Ramanujan?

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
Ramanujan?

You never heard of what happened when he was ill? I'll try to recap for you.

This is quoted by Godfrey Hardy in Michio Kaku's book Hyperspace.

"I remember going to see him once when he was lying ill in Putney. I had ridden in taxicab No. 1729, and remarked that the number seemed to be rather a dull one, and that I hoped that it was not an unfavorable omen. 'No,' he rplied, 'it is a very interesting number; it is the smallest number expressible as a sum of two cubes in two different ways.'" (1^3 + 12^3 and 9^3 + 10^3)

Cool, isn't it?

ZOOBY! OMG, a voice from the distant past [well, really characters on my screen from the distant past], where have you been? We set traps, we put out bait, we conspired, we plotted, we schmoozed, we begged, we pleaded…I even checked the zoo in case you got confused and broke back in. Just the other day during one of our Zooby sightings, Math hid in the bushes and made sounds like a banana, but we had no luck until now. We've missed you.

Plover, whenever an ET catches a smurf, they throw it back and lie about how big it was. Really they don't like smurfs; the meat is too tough, as a rule, but they can be good in a stew. Also, I hear that smuft poppers are good with bagels.