Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New on here

1. Jul 31, 2006 #1

lo2

Now I am new on here and therefore I thought that I wanted to drop a message in which I said Hello to all the people on here.

I am not from the US in fact I am from Denmark a small country in Europe. I am basicly here for the math, as I like math and am pretty good at it. I am currently atteding to High School I am at my last year. I think that afterwards I will go study math at the University. However I do not know that for sure yet. I am looking forward to spend some time on here increasing my knowledge on math and improving my math abilities.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2006 #2
    Welcome I'm studying senior high school(college in the UK) type maths atm, and it's a far cry from the English, school math, it's fun most times, but integration has slipped a real wedge into the equation(if you'll pardon the pun), it's very tough to know what rule you have to use and what little trick and strategy, but I've been told it's the toughest part of A' level maths so I'm resolving to give it some real attention, as I seem to have lost some headway, damn I was cruising 'til then. Why can't integration be more like differentiation :smile:

4. Jul 31, 2006 #3
    Welcome to PF! Math is awesome :biggrin:

5. Jul 31, 2006 #4
    Welcome from one foreign n00b to another!

6. Jul 31, 2006 #5
    Check out Maple. It is a math software package that has some excellent calculus (among other things) tutors.

Once you have maple open goto:
    Tools > Calculus - Single Variable > Integration Methods

The integration methods will walk you step by step to solve "simple" integrals. It will remind you of differentiation methods in some regards. I found it really helpful when I was learning integration.

7. Jul 31, 2006 #6
    Sup lo2? There are some friggen geniuses on this forum. Just remember to demand answers from them, and NEVER show your work. :approve:

I hope sarcasm as recognized in Denmark :smile: I've never been to that part of Europe :frown:

Oh and by the way... you might be here for the math, but just wait until you get caught up in all the general discussions. For example, saying hello to random people. I swear, PF is taking over MySpace for me :)

8. Aug 1, 2006 #7

lo2

Well I do not see myself as a math genius, but well I am probaly one of the best in my class.

9. Aug 1, 2006 #8
    Thanks I will download it this evening, I have someone at work who has a PhD in physics to help too, but as you can probably imagine it's not easy finding a time to run through homework when your meant to be working :smile:

We're all geniuses here lo2 didn't you know :wink: :biggrin:

10. Aug 1, 2006 #9
    same here even if i am underating myself.

im a maths genius and im not in the us, whats the need. i am also good at being silly

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  11. Aug 1, 2006 #10

lo2

12. Aug 1, 2006 #11
    Hey lo2, I saw your thread at RedHotPawn (assuming you two are the same person). We should play a game of chess sometime. I am somewhat of a beginner as well, I started studying chess 2 months ago, and have been playing for a little over a month. My name at redhotpawn is james47

13. Aug 1, 2006 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

WElcome to the PF!:smile:
    Hope to see you again...

14. Aug 1, 2006 #13

lo2

Some coincidence huh?

Sounds nice I would like to play some chess too.

15. Aug 1, 2006 #14
    Hey lo2.

At PF, you will find a lot of people who are really intelligent and are (more than less) willing to help you in your pursuits. There are some PF'ers who you will become very familiar with. Also, there are many PF'ers who just like to graze over the forums and feast on all of the knowledge available. I would recommend searching the archives to find posts that have already been discussed that you think you could really benefit from.

Have fun here. We at PF are a nice crowd.

Paden Roder

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?