Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Featured New Organ (mesentery) found -- Congrats!

1. Jan 9, 2017 #21
    Where have you heard that? I have heard it from yogi/alt-medicine types. Let's not discuss them (it violates TOS) but if you have heard any claims from credible sources of this sort I'd be interested in knowing.

-Dave K

2. Jan 10, 2017 #22
    I'm on the same page.

Full disclaimer - I do go to a chiro. He suggested Myer's book "Anatomy Trains" as one he says "gets it right". And I am a yoga fiend (based on advice from my real spine doctor). But I am skeptical. I would like to know why the practice of Yoga seems to provide benefits - but it's gotta be science. I can't stand the new age crap that goes with it. Breathing and meditation are as gooey as my belief system gets.

That said I did find this article which gives a nice summary of the debate and has some references. I know this goes off topic but since you are the OP. I haven't looked at the references.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-a-mysterious-body-part-called-fascia-is-challenging-1598939224

3. Jan 10, 2017 #23
    Yeah, we could easily get out of scope for Physics Forums , but it looks like our thinking is more or less identical here. (I do yoga and mindfulness meditation and all that).

-Dave K

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted