1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Featured New Organ (mesentery) found -- Congrats!

1. Jan 9, 2017 #21
    Where have you heard that? I have heard it from yogi/alt-medicine types. Let's not discuss them (it violates TOS) but if you have heard any claims from credible sources of this sort I'd be interested in knowing.

-Dave K

2. Jan 10, 2017 #22
    I'm on the same page.

Full disclaimer - I do go to a chiro. He suggested Myer's book "Anatomy Trains" as one he says "gets it right". And I am a yoga fiend (based on advice from my real spine doctor). But I am skeptical. I would like to know why the practice of Yoga seems to provide benefits - but it's gotta be science. I can't stand the new age crap that goes with it. Breathing and meditation are as gooey as my belief system gets.

That said I did find this article which gives a nice summary of the debate and has some references. I know this goes off topic but since you are the OP. I haven't looked at the references.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/how-a-mysterious-body-part-called-fascia-is-challenging-1598939224

3. Jan 10, 2017 #23
    Yeah, we could easily get out of scope for Physics Forums , but it looks like our thinking is more or less identical here. (I do yoga and mindfulness meditation and all that).

-Dave K

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted