Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New paper Requardt

1. Oct 23, 2009 #1
    Screening arXiv i found this really interesting paper by Requardt. altough i don't undestand it completely. i think his idea of emergent relativity and quantum mechanics is really good. It is also what my landsman Gerard 't Hooft proposes.

Greetings John.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.4017
    Wormhole Spaces: the Common Cause for the Black Hole Entropy-Area Law,the Holographic Principle and Quantum Entanglement
    Authors: Manfred Requardt
    (Submitted on 21 Oct 2009)
    Abstract: We present strong arguments that the deep structure of the quantum vacuum contains a web of microscopic wormholes or short-cuts. We develop the concept of wormhole spaces and show that this web of wormholes generate a peculiar array of long-range correlations in the patterns of vacuum fluctuations on the Planck scale. We conclude that this translocal structure represents the common cause for both the BH-entropy-area law, the more general holographic principle and the entanglement phenomena in quantum theory. In so far our approach exhibits a common structure which underlies both gravity and quantum theory on a microscopic scale. A central place in our analysis is occupied by a quantitative derivation of the distribution laws of microscopic wormholes in the quantum vacuum. This makes it possible to address a number of open questions and controversial topics in the field of quantum gravity.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2009 #2
    Newton said an apple fell down because of gravity. In my garden all apples are subjected to gravity but only worm-eaten and rotten fall down. I think Requardt's theory corresponds better to reality.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook