Welcome Hypnagogue, Our New PF Advisor

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, hypnagogue has been welcomed as the new PF Advisor. Many congratulations were given and questions were asked about the difference between a mentor and an advisor. It was determined that advisors are there to help with any issues that may arise with mentors. The government of Physics Forums was discussed, with some joking about it being a dictatorship. Hypnagogue was jokingly tasked with getting coffee, but it turns out he is on vacation. Finally, a new jokes forum was suggested and hypnagogue was offered the role of mentor. The conversation ended with hypnagogue being given coffee, although it may be cold and moldy.
Please welcome hypnagogue as our new PF Advisor! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, Hypnagogue !

Thanks BH and to the PF staff in general. It's a great honor and I look forward to helping out however I can. :smile:

Many congrats hypnagogue (hope I spelled it right).

Hyp, hyp, hooray!

and also a Hiep Hiep Hoera!

Congratulation hypnagogue .

what is the difference between mentor and adviser?

As far as I am aware, a mentor is a government post, controlling one province of the land, of PF whilst an advisorship is a knighthood, giving no special powers but as an honorary postion.

That's almost poetic, FZ

Advisors are also around so that if anything happens to one of the mentors (extended vacation, resignation, forum reorginizations, etc.), we have someone who is up to date on recent issues ready to take over.

Cool ! Congrats hypnagogue ! :smile:

That was beautiful, FZ+.
Any attempts to explain further would pale in comparison.

gov. type

So is Physics Forums an autocracy, an oligarchy, republic?
What kind of government do we have here?

Originally posted by photon

It is a dictatorship.

Originally posted by photon
A mix of autocracy, oligarchy and possibly monarchy.

TOM WHERE'S MY COFFEE?!

Last edited:

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
A mix of autocracy, oligarchy and possibly monarchy.

TOM WHERE'S MY COFFEE!

I thought the new guy was supposed to get it!

Hypnagogue, where's that coffee?!

Originally posted by Tom
I thought the new guy was supposed to get it!

Hypnagogue, where's that coffee?!

Turns out he's on vacation, so he's safe from my wrath for now. muahahaha muahahahaha muahahahaha

In that case, I think if I had a government position, I could be mentor of a new jokes forum, and be of great service to the PF Emperor.

Oh, come on Master Greg, you know I'd be good at it.
[b(]

P.S. Remember to check out the General discussion thread, "Just a Buncha Physics Jokes."
It looks like you'll need a whole new forum to contain all the new jokes that are coming in every day. Not to mention someone to Mentor that forum too.

Whoa. Um, here's the coffee, though it might be a little cold... mumblehumminandabitmoldymumble [zz)]

What is a hypnagogue?

A hypnagogue is a person who guides individuals into a hypnotic state for therapeutic purposes.

Why is a hypnagogue being welcomed as a PF advisor?

A hypnagogue is being welcomed as a PF advisor because their expertise in hypnosis can be beneficial in helping individuals with mental health and personal development goals.

What can a hypnagogue bring to the PF community as an advisor?

A hypnagogue can bring a unique perspective and techniques for achieving personal growth and overcoming challenges through hypnosis. They can also provide support and guidance for those struggling with mental health issues.

How will a hypnagogue advisor differ from other PF advisors?

A hypnagogue advisor may differ from other PF advisors in their approach to helping individuals reach their goals. They may use hypnosis as a tool to address underlying issues and promote positive change.

Are there any potential risks or concerns with having a hypnagogue as a PF advisor?

As with any form of therapy, there may be potential risks or concerns with hypnosis. It is important for individuals to research and choose a reputable hypnagogue and to discuss any concerns with them before beginning any sessions.