New PF Mobile Skin - Enjoy Modern Design on Your Phone!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, A new mobile skin has been unveiled on PF that is modern and matches the desktop version. It is compatible with most mobile browsers and tablets will use the desktop skin. MathJax also works on the new skin. Any suggestions or problems can be reported for further tweaking. There are currently no plans to introduce LaTeX formatting into the mobile app.
I'm announcing the unveiling of a new mobile skin. It's a lot more modern and matches the style to our desktop version. Check it out by visit PF on your mobile browser of choice via your phone. Most tablets will use the desktop skin. MathJax works this too if you are frustrated with the app. I'll be tweaking it a bit for a few days but it's pretty well set. Let me know if you have any suggestions or problems. Enjoy!

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
I LOVE the new skin. So much better than the previous one, which was a pain to use with the ads blocking the drop down boxes, so you couldn't navigate properly.

I haven't checked in the past few days, but is Latex formatting going to be introduced into the mobile app? All I see is code, it doesn't convert.

scurty said:
I LOVE the new skin. So much better than the previous one, which was a pain to use with the ads blocking the drop down boxes, so you couldn't navigate properly.

I haven't checked in the past few days, but is Latex formatting going to be introduced into the mobile app? All I see is code, it doesn't convert.

Glad you enjoy it! I think it's a huge improvement too. No plans yet to implement LaTeX into the mobile app.

1. What is the "New PF Mobile Skin"?

The "New PF Mobile Skin" is a newly designed mobile version of the popular website "PF" (short for "Public Forum"). It is specifically optimized for viewing and interacting with the website on a mobile phone.

2. How is the design of the new mobile skin different from the previous version?

The new mobile skin features a modern and sleek design, with a user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation. It also includes new features and functionality to enhance the user experience on a mobile device.

3. Is the new mobile skin available for all types of phones?

Yes, the new mobile skin is available for all types of smartphones, including iPhones and Android devices. It is also compatible with different screen sizes, making it accessible to a wider range of users.

4. Can I access all the features of the website on the new mobile skin?

Yes, the new mobile skin offers all the features and functionality of the website, including posting and commenting, searching and browsing, and managing your account. However, some features may be slightly different or rearranged to better fit the mobile interface.

5. How do I switch to the new mobile skin on my phone?

To switch to the new mobile skin, simply visit the website "PF" on your mobile phone. The new mobile skin will automatically detect your device and display the optimized version. If you prefer to use the desktop version, you can switch back by clicking on the "Desktop" link at the bottom of the page.