Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New pictures of prisoners from Iraq!

1. Dec 3, 2004 #1
    Associated Press found on personal site of American lady (her husband was in Iraq) pictures about torturing of Iraqi people in May 2003 (1 month after liberation!!)

Marines promised to investigate about the pictures and asked to remove them quickly. Associated Press keep copies of these pictures, while some Arabic sites succeeded to get some of them....

http://www.iraqpatrol.com/php/index.php?showtopic=6556

According to AP; The most disturbing pictures is of dogs attacking the naked prisoners .... also these pictures are proof that the torturing of Iraqi people started with the very beginning of occupation .. not as the American government claimed before.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2004 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'm a little confused here. None of these pictures showed people being tortured. They just showed people with bags over their heads. Are there more pictures that you've seen somewhere else? Plus, you're linking to another forum. Where did that forumer link these pictures from? What's the original host? I can't read anything on that page, so I have no idea how to find out.

4. Dec 3, 2004 #3
    The pictures came from here:
    http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.co...la10312032222.seals_prisoner_photos_la103.jpg

they are hosted in yahoo usa

5. Dec 3, 2004 #4
    I already said:

The pictures removed quickly from the internet, but Associated Press has copy of them. I think they will show it after some investigations about them.

The pictures I show just ''peaceful sample'', even I surprised how they got them. .. While the most disturbing pictures are still hidden (according to Associated Press).

The origin source of these pictures could be American? as I can see from the link:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.co...la10512032222.seals_prisoner_photos_la105.jpg

6. Dec 3, 2004 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Do you have a link to the AP story?

7. Dec 3, 2004 #6
  8. Dec 3, 2004 #7
    No, I just heard it in Israeli news. They talk about dogs ''over" bodies of naked prisoners. I know there are some advantages to Israel - to show that they have not the worst army on earth as most of people of ME think for decades!! But I am sure they will not lie about this topic.

An Israeli politician (Zeev Shif) said in the TV: In American University, some students asked about ‘’human rights in occupies territories .. I replied: before asking me about that, do you know how many Iraqi civilians are killed by the American in Baghdad today? He answered: No …

The well known Israeli politician said: The American media block the information about what their army doing.. While they talk a lot about other countries: Israel, Russia, China …

He continued ; It seems we are ''joking'' with the Palestinian , when we talk about Abu Gharib or Falluja ....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  9. Dec 3, 2004 #8
    The dictators of ME are dancing .. because they never been loved by their people as now!!

The hell of our dictators is better than the heaven of the American liberation .. such words are heard widely in our region!!

10. Dec 3, 2004 #9
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?