Who Will Be the New Pope?

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, the new Pope is Cardinal Ratzinger and he has been elected because he is a heavy personality in the church. cardinals seem to not have spent a lot of time considering who the best candidate was and it seems like the conclave was rushed.
Clausius2 said:
My first complaint is he doesn't know to speak Spanish!

It is incredible that a Pope doesn't know to speak in the language of 400 million of catholics, and the language of the nation who most defended and expanded catholicism in Middle Age. I am astonished.

I do see your point, usually when Popes were from Italy it was 'some how' easy for them to comminicate with the surroundings, being speaking Italian, french and Spanish.

The Caliph in 'the Highest Islamic goverment' aka Caliphate was usually speaking Arabic, even he is not an arab, nor his government [a good example is the Ottomans, who are Turkish] since the regions who spoke arabic are the ones where his most critical tasks are centered in politics [the reason is arab world is at the middle in the Islamic world, as a geographic link and a border region to the north with Europe]. I do agree language factor these days is really crucial, but we are lucky that its easier to handle than in the old times..

Physics news on Phys.org
Clausius2 said:
I am amazed that he knows any other languages besides German.. they hardly speak any english over there.

i'm in germany often and almost all young people speak english.

Yep, when i was at international speak in UK, the best people who spoke english after british people where : Germans, Dutch, then people coming from African countries.

The worst was ...me...even it could be a rumor i got english blood in my veins, but i grasp the language of the [forgien?] society i grew in ..not a shame though :biggrin:

Moses said:
I do see your point, usually when Popes were from Italy it was 'some how' easy for them to comminicate with the surroundings, being speaking Italian, french and Spanish.

The Caliph in 'the Highest Islamic goverment' aka Caliphate was usually speaking Arabic, even he is not an arab, nor his government [a good example is the Ottomans, who are Turkish] since the regions who spoke arabic are the ones where his most critical tasks are centered in politics [the reason is arab world is at the middle in the Islamic world, as a geographic link and a border region to the north with Europe]. I do agree language factor these days is really crucial, but we are lucky that its easier to handle than in the old times..

I think he does know how to speak spanish, but HE DOESN'T WANT to speak spanish.

Spanish government of Mr. Zapatero has recently approved in parliament a law which allows the marriage between gays. And the law says the words "gay marriage" has the same institutional, legal and moral meaning than the traditional marriage.

So that just now I am not surprised Pope Ratzinger doesn't want to hear nothing from Spain and Zapatero, who is almost achieving that Spain is the enemy of a half of the world doing such stupidities.

Clausius2 said:

It is incredible that a Pope doesn't know to speak in the language of 400 million of catholics, and the language of the nation who most defended and expanded catholicism in Middle Age. I am astonished.
Nice avoidance that it's also the language that committed more human rights violations in the name of christianity... ever.

Smurf said:
Nice avoidance that it's also the language that committed more human rights violations in the name of christianity... ever.

How can you prove that words? How can you prove the word "more"?.

Maybe it's right, but surely there are another languages who have committed MORE violations in the name of other issues than Spain in the name of christianity.

Examples: German (Nazism), English (USA wars in the name of some unknown and undiscovered master destruction weapons, British Imperium expansion), French (North Africa colonization by France), not to mention islamic world...

Smurf:
I don't quite see the relevance of the behaviour of Spanish Inquisitors&Conquistadores in early modern Europe to the issue why Benedict 16. won't talk Spanish.
(He's GERMAN for Christ's sake!)

Past week argentina's christian medics asociation (about 300 medics) published a comunication which said that HIV Virus could pass thru preservatives...

After this a comedy show in tv send a reporter to interview the leader of the christians medics asociation, and ask him:

Tell me. what is bigger, the hiv virus or a water molecule... he answer, the hiv molecule, then the reporter take a preservative and fill it with water, and starter to hit the desk with it. well. i don't see any whater escaping the preservative...

:rofl: :rofl:

... Now seriulsy, its really dangerous to tell the people that hiv can pass thru preservatives... a lot of people could stop using it if they think it don't stop hiv...

A song from the Python:
--------------------------

There are Jews in the world, there are Buddhists,
There are Hindus and Mormons and then,
There are those that follow Mohammed,
But I’ve never been one of them…

I’m a Roman Catholic, and have been since the day I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics,
Is they’ll take you as soon as you’re warm…

You don’t have to be a six-footer,
You don’t have to have a great brain,
You don’t have to have any clothes on -
You’re a Catholic the moment dad came…

because…

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs, on the dusty ground,
God shall make them pay for each sperm that can’t be found

Every sperm is wanted, every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed in your neighbourhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill thiers just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed,
In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is useful, every sperm is fine,
God needs everybody’s,
Mine
And mine
And mine

Let the Pagan spill theirs,
O’er mountain, hill and plain,
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that’s spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good,
Every sperm is needed in your neighbourhood.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sperm thing is not a catholic doctrine it is judaistic law.in judaism it is strictly forbiden to masturbate and waste sperm.i don't know why people get idea that this was invented by popes?

stoned said:
sperm thing is not a catholic doctrine it is judaistic law.in judaism it is strictly forbiden to masturbate and waste sperm.i don't know why people get idea that this was invented by popes?

not invented but imposed by them at least,, i just think it was a funny song.

Clausius2 said:

DEfended or defiled?
the nutcases who killed and tourchered in the name of god
didnot defend a belife but a dogma
and blacked the name of the church
but that was the DARKAGE not the middle of anything
and the dogma of the church was the main driving force behind the darkness

BTW I am not anticathloic I hate all religions but some more than others

BTW 2 leaving the army in LATE APRIL 45 is NOT praseworthy
now if he had done that in 44 maybe but not as the war was allmost over

Just curios,
Was the Catholic church with the Allaince or with Italy and Germany during the WW II?

I guess they must have a stand, being a big event where the most powerful christians nations where killing each other in a massive orders. [besides other ideologies such as 'Athiestic?' russain leadership, and Japanese shintos..etc]

Moses said:
Just curios,
Was the Catholic church with the Allaince or with Italy and Germany during the WW II?

Of course you did not know that ? catholic church even operated concentrations camps all over europe and Ratzinger( evil,very evil nazi ) was a camp guard and he was one of the most sadistic people there, he was called by prisoners "babysitter".people said he loved to kill innocent babies.you see, he just smashed babies heads and german shepard dogs ate their brains and they say he sometimes ate too.i'm not kidding man ! :eek:
pass this story to your high scholl or college friends, THEY MUST KNOW THE TRUTH !

Moses said:
Just curios,

I guess they must have a stand, being a big event where the most powerful christians nations where killing each other in a massive orders. [besides other ideologies such as 'Athiestic?' russain leadership, and Japanese shintos..etc]

You should be more curious about what the hell is doing islamic religion supporting CURRENT(NOT PAST) conflicts between christians and muslims.

Don't use this thread to criticize Catholic Church free of taxes, because I'll start another describing how medieval remains islamic religion.

ray b said:
DEfended or defiled?
the nutcases who killed and tourchered in the name of god
didnot defend a belife but a dogma
and blacked the name of the church
but that was the DARKAGE not the middle of anything
and the dogma of the church was the main driving force behind the darkness

BTW I am not anticathloic I hate all religions but some more than others

BTW 2 leaving the army in LATE APRIL 45 is NOT praseworthy
now if he had done that in 44 maybe but not as the war was allmost over

Maybe that's true and I don't deny it. But there were also a great amount of spanish solidiers who dead for Catholic Church, so the pope should have some respect about that because on the contrary he wouldn't be Pope and he wouldn't have any church to govern if those soldiers hadn't defended the catholicism.

Clausius2 said:
You should be more curious about what the hell is doing islamic religion supporting CURRENT(NOT PAST) conflicts between christians and muslims.

Don't use this thread to criticize Catholic Church free of taxes, because I'll start another describing how medieval remains islamic religion.

So i just asked a question, since we were talking about this Pope in the Nazi era...
I was just curuios what was his church standing in the war. Since it it was with X camp and he is with it, and he is now leading the church, so he is from the system and its cool for them. If he was opposing his chruch [aka church suppoerted alliance] I could have asked other quesations.

So, why the threat? Dude some people here say it in the face, not critize but swear at the pope and the catholic church and you did nothing...It seems to me you want to attack muslims more than defending your people...no comment.

Start another topic, i will be happy to join.
Oh btw:
'The war on terrorism will be a CRUSADE war"
Gearoge W.Bush Sep-14-2001.. continuing medival ages stuff...wrong stuff.
Once again, start another topic will be no problem for me. No bad feelings.

Moses said:

So, why the threat? Dude some people here say it in the face, not critize but swear at the pope and the catholic church and you did nothing...It seems to me you want to attack muslims more than defending your people...no comment.

Of course there are people who is more morally allowed to criticize catholic church than a guy who defends the way of life of nowadays muslim religion. If I have to stop someone, you're the first.

Clausius2 said:
Of course there are people who is more morally allowed to criticize catholic church than a guy who defends the way of life of nowadays muslim religion. If I have to stop someone, you're the first.

Well, by your laws of democracy, i have the right to critisice -regardless of my religion- anything as if i am not making a danger or harm to indiviuals or society described by law. The least i can say you are contraditcing your self.

"The way of life of nowaways muslims religion" Religion is not a person dude, simply :biggrin: . Again, If you think that i can judge christianity by the crimes of the Popes and the catholic chruch such as crusades, suppoerting colonization, and their stand in WWII [ as far as a member here answered me, they Catholic church supported Hitler] as well as crimes against the pagans Aztechs and Mayans, The Jews and Muslims of Iberia and Europe in general in the medival ages. If you think so, I don't think we should judge other religions by the actions of their people, but by their laws in side the religion [scriptures, holymen, divine Authoriy...etc]

Back to those peaceful muslims who i lived among them a big part of my life. They are not perfect, they are humans. Think Clausuis2, Think!

Edit: first [Your] in the first line was [you] "typo". [life] in the first line in the 2nd paragraph was [lie] "Typo again.."

Last edited:
I find it interesting that some of the more unpopular positions by the church is being depicted as a polarization of its members rather than a polarization of its members versus the church leadership. For example, the notion that condoms do not respect the sanctity of life is so far out of step with most of laity that, there would be no polarization if the Vatican dropped that ludicrous position. Here is a clear situation where there is no threat to any life except the life of the persons are at risk of contracting AIDS. Millions of people will die of AIDS that can be prevented by condom use. Yet, the Vatican maintains the position that condoms do not respect the sanctity of life. What about the lives of the millions who will die because of the Church's policy?

CNN Story

Moses said:
...The Jews and Muslims of Iberia and Europe in general in the medival ages.

Don't say false things, moses, there wasn't any crime against Muslim of Iberia. They were rejected and defeated after a previous invasion. If they had kept themselves in their homes nothing would have happened.

Clausius2 said:
Don't say false things, moses, there wasn't any crime against Muslim of Iberia. They were rejected and defeated after a previous invasion. If they had kept themselves in their homes nothing would have happened.

So by you not talking about Jews, and just negating the issue i said about muslims. I guess you ADMIT that they were crimes against Jews don't by the catholic church in Iberia. Actually in history it is the same reasons why Morocco haev significant numbers of jews, they are the ones who escaped from the masacres in Iberia and run to the peaceful muslim institutes in Morocco...

There was not any crime? lol??!? Visigoths in the middle east are the muslims of Iberia people who excaped from killing. the religous courts done by the Catholic church were sweeping any non-catholic [yeah, sometimes even protestants] from Iberia surface, its a fact in history that i guess not even two honest people will disagree about.

Muslims entered Iberia by INVITATION from members in the goverment, for stopping piracy and curroption of the royality...Those muslims as what i see are not selfish; invade others to steal their oil or sth ...

I won't celebrate the masacars people, the native people of Iberia from their lands. Being kicked out just becuase you change your religion is not fair.

Regardless if i have a religion or not. And regardless what is my religion IF i have one. The fact i am saying should NOT be affected by me as a person. The facts are the facts as the truth is the truth.

Spain is an exanpded northern Iberain kingdoms who indavded the muslims visigoths land [yeah, they were some people from arabic origin living among them, who anscetors helps in liberating the land from curropted goverments]

You did offense me. However, me being a man who respect The prophet Jesus i will not offense back. May Universe-Master forgive you for what you know not.

Moses said:
The facts are the facts as the truth is the truth...

Sure, but you are not on the side of the truth. On the other hand you keep on saying untrue sentences like this one:

Moses said:
Spain is an exanpded northern Iberain kingdoms who indavded the muslims visigoths land [yeah, they were some people from arabic origin living among them, who anscetors helps in liberating the land from curropted goverments]

Who invaded whom? I repeat maybe you're not a muslim, but sure you have been educated in that ambient.

Moses said:
You did offense me. However, me being a man who respect The prophet Jesus i will not offense back. May Universe-Master forgive you for what you know not.

I will learn you some spanish words: ME LA PELA LO QUE DIGAS O PIENSES. I don't need you to forgive me.

Last edited by a moderator:
First: I said "May the Universe-Master forgive" and not "May i [Moses] forgive..]

Second: Its well-known fact that the northern kingdoms of Leon and Castille invaded the Visigoth muslim part of Iberia, by the excuse of the re-conquesta to make it christian again.

That reminded me when spanish spread christianity in South America with the cover of colonization, to use religion as a tool in politics..for not god reasons.

Third: No one orders me, say leave or say anything you want, i will take it as an opinion, even its intended by you what you wish. Again, no one orders me :biggrin:

Last: Humans are humans, not animals, regardless if they are muslims or living on moroco or from the south. At least me, Jesus and Mohammad agree on this point, and i think we all the three are right.

Just a historical note:

This won't abate either tempers I think, but I believe it is of some importance to clarify what we know of Tariq's invasion:

In 710, Roderic lead a rebellion instigated by the clergy against the Visigoth king Wittica, and claimed the throne after Wittica's death.
Infuriated by this action, Count Julian and Wittica's sons sent an appeal to the Moslem governor in northern Africa, Muzza.
Muzza sent Tariq off with an invading army, and due to treacherous behaviour of Count Julian, Roderic lost the battle at Jeres de la Frontera (25/26. July 711), and drowned in his flight in the river Guadalete.

Tariq didn't stop here, however, and speedily conquered large chunks of present day Spain.
That made him a target of Muzza's envy, who sent his general into jail, where he was until Muzza's death in 713.

It seems to me that the Arab invasion must have been planned well in advance of the intrigues of the Visigoth court leading up to the murder of Wittica.
The "appeal", whatever historical veracity it carries, should only be regarded as a flimsy, legalistic cover for an invasion that would have happened sooner or later.
Neither of the side's main participants were particularly praiseworthy, in my humble opinion.

And let me continue the Story Arildno, a part that i am not sure if you know about:

That army did not obey the government in damascus just to do the mission they have done. Instead they planned to go and attack France as well. And they have been stopped at Tours. A result of which when the Caliphate government known of, ordered an immediate retreat and going to damascus for court of tragnresson against other. Many generals were punished.

Still, they had a very valid excuse when they entered. I had some document speaking about the reasons of conquering the other [chunks]. Which to be honest i almost foget if they were completely valid or not.

I do agree the army in Moroco were waiting a chance to stop the problem of piracy and other issue regarding the Iberian kingdoms. In politics, waiting until a valid moral chance aint bad. The bad is attacking without an excuse, a valid one. Which i believe the re-conquesta was...

[btw, if there was WMD in Iraq, its invasion COULD me a bit more justified, still the war crimes by any means are not justified...]

At last, I do appreciate your input arildno :smile:

Edit: just re-spell your username

Last edited:
"Still, they had a very valid excuse when they entered. I had some document speaking about the reasons of conquering the other [chunks]. Which to be honest i almost foget if they were completely valid or not."

Hmm..can't say I agree to that. However, very few at that time were particularly concerned with what we call "human rights"; I don't think Roderic or Tariq were much worse than their fellow-men; Count Julian, though, seems extraordinarily shifty, and Muzza seems rather sinister, IMO.

Moses said:
Second: Its well-known fact that the northern kingdoms of Leon and Castille invaded the Visigoth muslim part of Iberia, by the excuse of the re-conquesta to make it christian again.

This paragraph invalidates ALL what you have said. Your words take along a false impressed character of victimism. "BY THE EXCUSE?", what excuse? It was not an excuse! It was justice!. It was not an invasion! It was a reconquering!. How can one invade the territory of a guy who has invaded it previously?.

I am very pride of every christian soldier who recovered our country and enhanced which is nowadays Spain, and I am happy to see how the defeated change the history and the reality to feel victims, when originally they were the offenders.

Your behavior does not collaborate to integrate muslim community in Spain.

Since discussion is no longer on topic, thread closed.