New Profile Option: Refining Your 'New Posts' Search

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, two new options have been added to the profiles section which allow users to exclude Usenet posts and News Reporter posts from their 'New Posts' searches. This means that these types of threads will not appear in the 'New Posts' search, but will still show up in other searches. Users can let Warren know if they encounter any issues with this new feature."
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hello all,

I have added two options to the Options sections of your profiles. These two options can be used to exclude Usenet posts and News Reporter posts from your 'New Posts' searches.

In other words, if you choose to exclude these kinds of 'special' threads, they will not appear in your 'New Posts' search. They will still appear in other kinds of searches, however.

Enjoy! Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

- Warren

Physics news on Phys.org
New Profile Option: Refining Your 'New Posts' Search!
New Profile Option: Refining Your 'New Posts' Search!
My kingdom for a New Profile Option: Refining Your 'New Posts' Search! :smile:

1. What is the purpose of the new profile option for refining the 'new posts' search?

The new profile option allows users to customize their search for new posts on a specific topic or within a certain timeframe.

2. How do I access the new profile option for refining the 'new posts' search?

The new profile option can be accessed by clicking on the 'New Posts' button on the homepage and then selecting the 'Refine Search' option.

3. What criteria can be used to refine the 'new posts' search?

Users can refine their search by selecting a specific category, keyword, date range, or even a specific user's posts.

4. Can I save my refined search criteria for future use?

Yes, the new profile option allows users to save their refined search criteria for easy access in the future.

5. Will the refined search only show 'new posts' or will it also include older posts?

The refined search will only show posts that are considered 'new' based on the selected criteria. Older posts will not be included in the results.