Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

New Terror Tactic, Breast Implants

1. Mar 24, 2010 #1

rhody

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2010 #2
    Re: New Terror Tactic, Breast Implants !!!

just another reason for 'breast men' to say....

DYNO--MITE!!

4. Mar 24, 2010 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Now that would make an interesting sequel to Harlan Ellison's Run for the Stars.

5. Mar 24, 2010 #4

Not a bad way to die.

6. Mar 24, 2010 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

How do you call them? Boombies? Bombies?

7. Mar 24, 2010 #6

Dembadon

Gold Member

What will the male version be?:eek:

8. Mar 24, 2010 #7

They call them C4

9. Mar 24, 2010 #8

Borek

That depends on the plane size.

10. Mar 24, 2010 #9

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

11. Mar 24, 2010 #10

hmmm....

and an alternative...

let's see.....

and male implants?

12. Mar 24, 2010 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Um...filling an implant with explosive isn't going to help much if there isn't any detonator. Breast implants don't generally have wires or fuses sticking out of them or embedded within them. It might be a way to smuggle stuff, but not likely a good way to bomb a flight.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "blonde bombshell" though, doesn't it?

13. Mar 24, 2010 #12

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

At the risk of a ban, I'm thinking of a shock sensitive explosive and a pair of 'operatives' and some vigorous activity ....

goes for cold shower and lie down ....

14. Mar 24, 2010 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess the "operative" wouldn't be allowed to go jogging any time between recovering from the surgery and getting on a flight? :uhh: They wouldn't be that easy to insert without detonating them with that sort of explosive in them.

Really, why go to the trouble of breast implants when people are still able to get onto flights with explosives in their undies? I think I'd worry about those water bras and miracle bras before worrying about implants.

15. Mar 24, 2010 #14

The article says that they supposedly insert them into the buttocks.

It only says that MI5 picked up "chatter" out of Pakistan and Yemen about this after the failed christmas bombing. I wonder if maybe they were just joking around about ways they could possibly sneak a bomb on a plane. I mean terrorists are human too, they must make silly terrorist jokes or something right?

Seriously though, would it be hard to put a small close range radio detonator inside one?

16. Mar 25, 2010 #15

Why would you blow a plane up which contains about 500 people, and pass the check for that, when you can also blow up an airport hall before boarding and before being checked?

This is what I always wondered.

And why not just stand in the middle of a square, voilla.

Why go to all that trouble to blow planes up? What's so special about planes, that they crash? Blow a building up, they fall down.

17. Mar 25, 2010 #16

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Well, to get an explosive into the U.S., you'd need to take a plane or live in one of the Americas. So why go through customs twice and risk yourself twice, when you can just blow up the plane you're on?

Of course, this doesn't explain the people who take planes already in the U.S. and blow them up...

18. Mar 25, 2010 #17

Borek

Psychological effect.

19. Mar 25, 2010 #18

Yeah, but people tend to board this in London, why not blow up Piccalilli? Lot's of kuffār there you know.

Of course, by the most literal Qur'ānic interpretation protestants are not kuffār, but what-ever, religion is, thankfully, seldom interpreted as should. I'd hate to have a climate where you can sell children into slavery.

Exactly,

planes simply seem to carry some prestige.

20. Mar 25, 2010 #19

exactly. a bomb in an airport doesn't "seem" that bad to most people, even if they fly. the thought of a bomb on the plane they are on, however, is terrifying as there is no where to run.

also, it's just more practical. one small bomb on a plane can blow a hole in the plane, which would kill everyone on board. one small bomb in an open area will only kill those very nearby and possibly anyone who gets hit with debris.

21. Mar 25, 2010 #20

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you blew up all of the Piccalilli you could devastate Britain (or at least the Northern half)
    Unless you only blew up that nasty mass produced southern supermarket version from Heinz.

Mess with real Cunningham's piccalilli and you would have a fight on your hands

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook