New Textbook Forums!

The previous system 'PF Textbook Bibliography' is good regarding this.that only PF mentors include new book and must have one PF mentor or Any staff member used it.
In the near future we will be creating a few stickies which organize the books into some useful lists.

Great new forum! Already put it to good use and found myself a new textbook for additional reading!

One feature that could be useful is a way to sort/filter by sub-field (for example, in Physics & Astronomy Textbooks - Classical, Relativity, etc.).

Last edited:
One feature that could be useful is a way to sort/filter by sub-field (for example, in Physics & Astronomy Textbooks - Classical, Relativity, etc.).
This is already read the first post
btw, because the threads are organized by topic prefix, it can be very handy to filter by prefix. This ability can be found at the bottom left of the forum listing page.
Also if you want books topic-wise then wait here he said that
In the near future we will be creating a few stickies which organize the books into some useful lists.

Great new forum! Already put it to good use and found myself a new textbook for additional reading!

Thanks GregJ! You can filter by prefix field. Look to the bottom left of the forum display page.

Aha! Genius! :)

I read the first post, although it somehow skipped right by me. Thanks for replying (both Greg and Snow-Leopard). You can delete my posts if you like (don't wish to clutter this thread).

When I visit the Textbook forum firstly I also want to ask to filter! here I say that today. Make a Stickies as Undergraduate Physics, Mathematical Physics etc. one thing more all mathematical methods book are listed in Math Section prifixed Applied which is harder to find i.e., if someone wants mathematical methods books then he search it in physics not in maths!!

Better to Rearrange as Level-wise then Topic-wise as
Undergraduate_-_Algebra_-_Introduction to Linear Algebra by Lang,S.

phion
Gold Member