People in Science Forum - Physics Forums

• Thread starter Shadow
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests changing the title of the "People in Physics" forum to "People in Science" to include other scientific topics and potentially attract more traffic. The suggestion is agreed upon and the change is considered a "done deal."
Shadow
Hey greg, i was just thinking that maybe you and sting should change the title of the "people in physics" forum to "people in science" because so far all the topics in there are just about physics people with the exception of a poll...and I do understand that this site is physics forums but you have all kinds of sciences on the site and, I think maybe a little more traffic would come in if it could be you know, biologists, chemists, astronomers etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
i think people in science is good..

People in science does seem to fit a little better. Heck, someone might not even be "in physics" and have a lot to offer to the physics world.

done deal

1. What is the purpose of the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums?

The People in Science Forum on Physics Forums is a platform for scientists and science enthusiasts to connect, share knowledge, and discuss various topics related to science and research. It also serves as a community where people can seek advice, collaborate on projects, and stay updated on the latest advancements in the field of science.

2. How can I become a member of the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums?

To become a member of the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums, you can simply create an account on the website and join the forum. Registration is free and open to anyone with an interest in science. Once you become a member, you can participate in discussions, ask questions, and contribute to the community.

3. What topics are discussed in the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums?

The People in Science Forum on Physics Forums covers a wide range of topics related to all branches of science, including physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, and more. Discussions can range from theoretical concepts to practical applications, and members are encouraged to share their expertise and knowledge on various subjects.

4. Are there any guidelines for participating in the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums?

Yes, there are guidelines that all members are expected to follow when participating in the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums. These guidelines include being respectful towards others, avoiding personal attacks, and maintaining a professional and scientific tone in discussions. Any form of discrimination, spamming, or inappropriate behavior is not tolerated.

5. Can I use the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums to promote my research or scientific findings?

Yes, you can use the People in Science Forum on Physics Forums to share your research or scientific findings with the community. However, it is important to follow the forum's guidelines and ensure that your post is relevant to the topic being discussed. Any self-promotion or spamming is not allowed and may result in your account being suspended.