Learn How to Assign Arguments in NetBeans: A Java Tutorial - Da Jeans

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using NetBeans as a Java compiler and figuring out how to assign arguments to args[] through the compiler. One person mentions they are working on a Java assignment that requires NetBeans, while another offers a solution by mentioning the option to assign a main class and arguments in the project properties/run page. The issue is resolved and the person expresses gratitude for the help.
Math Jeans
Hi. I am using NetBeans as my new Java compiler.

I have been searching throughout the program, and I have not figured out how to assign arguments to args[] through this compiler.

I'm working on a Java assignment, and it required the use of this.

Any help would be appreciated.

---Da Jeans

Technology news on Phys.org
I'm new to NetBeans too, and I haven't tried any programs which need arguments, so I'm not sure whether this is what you want, but I've noticed that in the project properties/run page you can assign a main class together with arguments.

Ok. It worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

1. What is NetBeans?

NetBeans is a free and open-source integrated development environment (IDE) that supports multiple programming languages, such as Java, C++, and HTML. It provides tools and features for developing, debugging, and deploying software applications.

2. How do I download and install NetBeans?

You can download NetBeans from the official website and follow the installation instructions for your operating system. It is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.

3. Can I use NetBeans for web development?

Yes, NetBeans has features specifically designed for web development, such as HTML and CSS editors, JavaScript debugging, and support for popular web frameworks like AngularJS and Bootstrap.

4. Is NetBeans suitable for beginners?

Yes, NetBeans has a user-friendly interface and provides helpful tools for beginners, such as code completion and templates. It also offers extensive documentation and tutorials for learning how to use the IDE.

5. Does NetBeans have any collaboration features?

Yes, NetBeans has a built-in version control system (VCS) that allows for collaboration and team coding. It also supports popular VCS platforms like Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.