Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together

• Thread starter suresh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the general age group here is generally in the late teens to mid-twenties, but there are plenty of older contributors as well.
suresh
HI!
i am new to this PF, discovered this site few days ago.
After seeing the brilliant people here i decided to join.
I know very little math/physics(i'm 16) so i thought that if i am in good company at least i'd improve with time.(i hope)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello there, suresh!

Formalities first:

Do you have a favourite fish? :smile:

favorite fish??
i don't eat fish but jelly fishes and ray fishes are beautiful

Last edited:
suresh said:
favorite fish??

yes,Favourite fish. It's a PF tradition.

Anyway,nice to see someone of my age :smile:

suresh said:
favorite fish??
i don't eat fish but jelly fishes and ray fishes are beautiful
Jelly fish is not acceptable, but ray fish certainly is.

*Grabs a large ray fish and smacks suresh in the face*

You are now properly initiated at PF! :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
ouch that hurts!
anyway nice to meet you guys

Nice to meet you, too, suresh! :smile:

are there any special rules here or something like that?

fine, i will keep this in mind.
anyway what is the general age group here?

suresh said:
I'd guess late teens to mid-twenties is the largest group, but there are lots of people well beyond that age; for example professional scientists (for example in the Mentor group).

suresh said:
Anyway what is the general age group here?

0<x<∞ :biggrin:

PhysicoRaj said:
0<x<∞ :biggrin:

Actually, we had a fetal subforum once, called Theory Development; unfortunately, those frequenting it showed themselves to be too immature, so your inequality IS correct for the present composition of contributors at PF.

suresh said:

To some people I am young, to some I am old, for myself I'm alright. :D En masse, I think we 're all alright :D

1. What is "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together"?

"Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together" is an online community and forum dedicated to helping students and professionals improve their understanding and skills in mathematics and physics. It is a place where individuals can ask questions, share knowledge, and engage in discussions related to these subjects.

2. Who can join "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together"?

Anyone with an interest in mathematics and physics can join "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together". This includes students, teachers, researchers, and professionals from all levels and backgrounds.

3. How can I participate in "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together"?

To participate in "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together", you can create a free account and start asking and answering questions, as well as engaging in discussions with other members. You can also browse through the existing threads to find useful information and resources.

4. Can I get help with specific math or physics problems on "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together"?

Yes, "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together" is a great place to get help with specific math or physics problems. Simply post your question in the appropriate category and our community members will do their best to provide helpful answers and explanations.

5. Is "Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together" a reliable source of information?

"Welcome to PF! Improving Math/Physics Together" is a community-driven platform, so the reliability of information may vary. However, our community members are encouraged to provide accurate and well-supported answers and resources. It is always a good practice to verify information from multiple sources.