New to physics.

• Thread starter Maxwell Y
  • Start date
Maxwell Y
Hello, First I am going to start with an introduction. My name is maxwell, I just turned 16 years old and a freshmen (Yes, I got held back in 7th). I have always been the kid in the back of class that just put earbuds in and get crappy grades and known to be the "Stoner" (Never smoke or drank before), I have always been called into parent conferences.. sometimes 4-6 times a month, i have taken IQ tests and such but never really thought much of it. I recently started learning physics, As in the math side (I Started 2 Days ago).. I have always known what physics is and how it works but not the actual technical part of it. I have learned in the last 2 days about the acceleration of drop from gravity and all the scientific notation with in physics. (A few examples are.. (1.86E4) = 18,600 and all that type of stuff.. Like how to add, Subtract, Multiply and divide such.)
P.S I have been watching this guy so far - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL998613A92710000C

Me and my close group of friend have came up with some theories on Quantum Physics and Electro Dynamics (I think that's what its called) I personal have a VERY strong interest in particle accelerators, and the way matter and time works in a whole. Tomorrow we are buying the parts to build a mini 'Particle Accelerator" in my garage and we will be recording what happeneds. We in the future are wanting to see if we can make a small object break the sound barrier.

Enough about me.. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on how one could become a Physicist in the future, And how i could leanr more and get to be hands on with in physics.

Thank you, Maxwell.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maxwell Y said:
Me and my close group of friend have came up with some theories on Quantum Physics and Electro Dynamics
Be advised that this site is solely for mainstream physics -- we don't permit the promotion of personal theories.

Maxwell Y said:
I have always known what physics is and how it works but not the actual technical part of it.
The "actual technical part" is a pretty big deal. Without knowing that, you don't really know much physics...

Welcome to the forum

Back