What is wrong with my implementation of Yukawa Lagrangian using Feynrules?

• Thread starter Safinaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vertex
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the Feynrules package in Mathematica to implement a new model. The user is trying to implement a Yukawa Lagrangian for a new charged Higgs scalar, X and its charge conjugate Xbar, with SM fermions. They have defined the Lagrangian parameters and quark fields, but when they run WriteUFO[LX], it does not generate any vertices. They are seeking help to find out what went wrong.
Safinaz
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with Feynrules package to implement new model by Mathematica.
Actually I'm a new user for and try to implement Yukawa Lagrangian for new charged Higgs scalar called X and the charge conjugate Xbar with the SM fermions, I wrote the Lag. as :

LX := X ( - ProjP[s1, s2] (( 3 CKM[i, j] Md[j] + Ml IndexDelta[i, j] )/4 vev) tB + ProjM[s1, s2] CKM[i, j] ( Y4 cB - Y3 sB))
uqbar[s1,i,cc].dq[s2,j,cc] + Xbar ( - ProjM[s1, s2] (( 3 Md CKM[i, j] + Ml IndexDelta[i, j] )/4 vev) tB + ProjP[s1, s2] CKM[i, j] ( Y4 cB - Y3 sB)) dqbar[s1,i,cc].uq[s2,j,cc] ;

This is typically as the attached figure..

I took into account to define the quark fields by three indices : spin, generation, color, also all the Lag. parameters like Y4 and Y3 defined as External or Internal parameters . But when I run WriteUFO[LX], it gave me no vertices, so what's wrong here ..

Bests,
S.

Attachments

• lag.png
    lag.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 483
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

What is a new vertex at Feynrules?

A new vertex at Feynrules refers to a new interaction term between particles in a quantum field theory. It is a mathematical representation of how particles interact with each other in a specific physical system.

Why is it important to add new vertices at Feynrules?

Adding new vertices at Feynrules allows for a more accurate and comprehensive representation of particle interactions in a given physical system. It can help in predicting and understanding the behavior of particles in experiments.

How are new vertices at Feynrules calculated?

New vertices at Feynrules are calculated using mathematical models and equations based on the principles of quantum field theory. These calculations involve considering various factors such as particle properties and energy levels.

Can new vertices at Feynrules change the predictions of a quantum field theory?

Yes, the addition of new vertices at Feynrules can potentially change the predictions of a quantum field theory. This is because the interactions between particles may vary depending on the presence of new vertices, leading to different outcomes in experiments.

Are there any limitations to adding new vertices at Feynrules?

Yes, there are limitations to adding new vertices at Feynrules. The mathematical calculations involved can become complex and may not always accurately reflect real-world observations. Additionally, adding too many new vertices can also lead to overfitting the data and reducing the predictive power of the theory.

Back