New years chat is open Come in

In summary, the chat room on Physics Forums was open during New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but will be closed for the rest of January and possibly part of February. However, there is a planned MIRC chat for February 10th. Many users have been enjoying the chats, especially during the winter season. PM's will be sent out to keep users updated. There have also been discussions about reviving PF movies.
turbo
Gold Member
New years chat is open... Come in!

I was all alone there last night while stoking the wood stove, and so far it's just Kurdt and me today.

https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

bump !

The chat is down. :frown:

It was open during New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

It is normally open on Sundays, 1000-1600 Central Time (US) Zone.

but chat will be closed all of January and possibly part of February.

Yeah, it says it starts Feb 10th.

I have enjoyed chatting the past few days. I will miss it...:cry:
Is there an MIRC chat planned?

larkspur said:
I have enjoyed chatting the past few days. I will miss it...:cry:
Is there an MIRC chat planned?

Isn't it fun? It's now a regular part of my Sunday!

lisab said:
Isn't it fun? It's now a regular part of my Sunday!

Yes, it has been fun. Now that Winter is here, I find myself at home more often and have much more time for forums and chats. This Sunday is supposed to be a dreary stay at home day. Perfect for chatting. :smile:

IXNAY, all of you!

PM's will go out.

turbo-1 said:
I was all alone there last night while stoking the wood stove, and so far it's just Kurdt and me today.

Thanks for stoking the wood stove, we had enough embers to keep a nice fire roaring through the night.. I was on New Years Eve after 11pm and into New Years day (1st couple of hours), sorry I missed you. Happy New Year.. Turbo!

We even revived PF movies.. Evo posted a new one.. I don't know if anymore were made though.
(the movie development page is http://www.dvolver.com/live/moviemaker.html") .. I hope I make it onto that PM list. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the purpose of the "New years chat"?

The purpose of the "New years chat" is to provide a platform for individuals to come together and discuss their experiences and plans for the upcoming new year.

How do I join the "New years chat"?

You can join the "New years chat" by clicking on the provided link or by searching for the chat room on the designated platform. You may need to create an account or log in if you are not already a member.

Is the "New years chat" open to everyone?

Yes, the "New years chat" is open to everyone. However, some platforms may have age restrictions or require users to follow certain guidelines.

Can I invite my friends to the "New years chat"?

Yes, you can invite your friends to the "New years chat" by sharing the link or providing them with the name of the chat room. Make sure to check the platform's rules on inviting others before doing so.

What topics can I discuss in the "New years chat"?

The "New years chat" is open to discussing a wide range of topics related to the upcoming new year. This can include resolutions, goals, celebrations, and reflections on the past year. Please ensure that all discussions are respectful and appropriate for all participants.