Discover Your New Year's Resolution: Tips for Beating Procrastination

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary: My resolution is not get any where near sticky stuff.Sounds like an excellent, although somewhat difficult, goal.
Norman
I am surprised there was no thread about this already, or maybe I shouldn't be depending on the response.

What is your New Years Resolution? I haven't picked one yet, but I am leaning toward working on not procrastinating so much... but I think I will wait to be sure.

Physics news on Phys.org
My perennial resolution is to drive slower :redface:. It's a constant battle.

Me ?

Attachments

• calvin.jpg
    calvin.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 419
Among other things, I'm going to try to become CD-free. At this very instant, I'm importing all my music on my computer, and I will simulate throwing them out. (I'll store them somewhere out-of-sight). All in an effort to have a cleaner, and roomier environment to live in.

1280 x 1024?

My resolution is to not make new years resolutions... oh wait... RATS!

My resolution is not get any where near sticky stuff.

wolram said:
My resolution is not get any where near sticky stuff.
Sounds like an excellent, although somewhat difficult, goal.

Evo said:
Sounds like an excellent, although somewhat difficult, goal.

Can we get married, then you could keep me safe and i can do the same for you :!)

wolram said:
Can we get married, then you could keep me safe and i can do the same for you :!)
Yes, I will marry you.

We're engaged! :!)

Now the problem will be how we meet without destroying the known universe!

Evo said:
Yes, I will marry you.

I have it all worked out, we will take over the abandoned tiki bar, i will net fish and gather fruit
you can cook, and for the rest of the day we can chill out.

Evo said:
Yes, I will marry you.

This is totally cool. A woman can have more than one husband! Have we clonned people yet?

Lacy33 said:
This is totally cool. A woman can have more than one husband! Have we clonned people yet?

Lacy, you are a tyro to this forum, i have married Evo several times, god willing i will several times more.

wolram said:
Lacy, you are a tyro to this forum, i have married Evo several times, god willing i will several times more.
I'm ready Wolram, can we get a metal detector and go looking for Celtic & Roman loot?

I'm still at 1680x1050

Mine was not to make a New Years resolution.

Doah!

Hah, beat both of ya!
1280 x 1024?

My resolution is to not make new years resolutions... oh wait... RATS!

1. What are New Year's resolutions?

New Year's resolutions are personal promises or goals that individuals set for themselves at the start of a new year. These resolutions often involve improving oneself or making positive changes in one's life.

2. Why do people make New Year's resolutions?

People make New Year's resolutions as a way to reflect on their past year and set goals for the upcoming year. It is seen as a fresh start and a chance to improve oneself.

3. Do New Year's resolutions actually work?

The success of New Year's resolutions depends on the individual's commitment and determination to follow through with their goals. Some people find success in sticking to their resolutions, while others may struggle to keep up with them.

4. What are some common New Year's resolutions?

Some common New Year's resolutions include losing weight, exercising more, quitting smoking, saving money, and learning a new skill. However, resolutions can vary greatly from person to person.

5. How can someone increase their chances of sticking to their New Year's resolutions?

Here are a few tips to help increase the chances of sticking to New Year's resolutions:

• Set realistic and specific goals
  • Make a plan and track progress
  • Find a support system or accountability partner
  • Focus on one resolution at a time
  • Stay positive and don't give up after setbacks