New York Giants Wins Superbowl

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the game was very close, and was filled with many twists and turns. The New York Giants managed to come out on top, and are now expected to celebrate their victory in style.
WOW! I didn't even want to watch the game. But what a game!

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
WOW! I didn't even want to watch the game. But what a game!

Were they the ones in white or blue?
I watched the last 3 minutes. It was a good game.

OmCheeto said:
Were they the ones in white or blue?

:rofl: I think I love you for asking that question!

BIG upset in the final minutes
only followed the scores in the final quater

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I think I love you for asking that question!

I've been playing beach volleyball for about 25 years now.
I'm only 5'6" with 2 crushed disks.
If I can get up an say "who won", then I consider it a good day.

Holy crap Greg, you started the thread already!

It was a damn good game. Loved how everyone rushed on with 1 sec left. Too bad we didn't cripple their quarterback :devil:

Lot of bookies are really upset right now

Ronnin said:

The guy next to me said that his "aquaintance" had just won $9000
So I would go along with that statement.

Ronnin said:

Yeah, but I won $50 in the office pool...but my hubby had to keep reminding me which team was which...!

I didn't see it, had to sleep. Born and raised in New England, I was rooting for the Patriots. It comes with the territory. So you can imagine my disappointment.:cry:

Now NE and NY will have another sports rivalry to argue about. Congratulations to Giants this year, but there is always next year.

I was predicting the Giants to go all the way a month ago. Evidently I should've put money on it.

Where the Giants the undergods? I don't really follow this, just I had to put up with all the sports channels littered with it =/

_Mayday_ said:
Where the Giants the undergods? I don't really follow this, just I had to put up with all the sports channels littered with it =/

Apparently the Patriots were favored to win by 12 points. I only saw the score in 3rd quarter, Patriots 7 - Giants 3.

I looked up from my laptop to watch some commercials...The Tide Pen was my favorite. (The one with the talking stain.)

larkspur said:
I looked up from my laptop to watch some commercials...The Tide Pen was my favorite. (The one with the talking stain.)

Hank, the Clydesdale, was my favorite.

The dog drinking water was my dog's favorite.

I am ticked to no end that the Patriots lost. I am a huge Patriots fan, and I really wanted them to win. Brady had stated before the game that the earlier ankle injury would affect his deep throw, and honestly, it did. He did not hit anything that night, and I don't think I have EVER seen Brady throw so off. Also, on the Giant's winning drive, the Patriots had two interception passes go right through our hands. They were way off target, and should have been taken.

So the Patriots gen unlucky, and so what happens then? Eli escapes an inevitable sack, and completes a throw that the reciever catches on his helmet.

Brady had no aim (obviously he was lying about his ankle), the Patriots offensive line (the best in the NFL) could not hold back the Giants, and the Patriots could not even get an interception to stick in their hands.

There were also NUMEROUS game changing fowls that were not called against the Giants, and were not even challenged, and overall, the Giants won off of a sheer chain reaction that was keeping the Patriots from doing what they do best.

This is a HUGE upset.

Math Jeans said:
So the Patriots gen unlucky, and so what happens then? Eli escapes an inevitable sack, and completes a throw that the reciever catches on his helmet.
That has to be one of the great plays in NFL history.

It's a historical game. Well worth my chili & baked pita chips gulped down with (bottled) Smithwicks.

Eli Manning was named the MVP; what a turnaround!

The [New York] city is planning to revel in their team's unlikely victory Tuesday. A ticker tape parade is planned on Broadway beginning at 11 a.m., followed by a ceremony at City Hall Plaza.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/04/super.bowl/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Also:
The average cost for a 30-second spot during this year's Super Bowl was $2.7 million, according to Fox, the News Corp.-owned network that broadcast the game. That's up slightly from last year, when the going rate was $2.6 million, and more than double the 1997 price of $1.2 million.
(from the same link)

Can anyone tell which half of the "double" was wasted money?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have felt good no matter which team won, i do like Tom and the Pats, but living just outside New Orleans when Archie Manning came out of Ole Miss, i watched him spend his entire pro life with a losing team (he was a great QB). Seeing his two sons competing at this level really makes me feel good:biggrin: He has taught them well ( they were so close to playing against each other in the big game).:smile:

Ehh, The patriots went through the entire season barely *not-losing* virtually every game.

They weren't as lucky in this game as they were in others, and they lost. Finally caught up with them.

BobG said:
Hank, the Clydesdale, was my favorite.

The dog drinking water was my dog's favorite.
Yes, the Clydesdale was a good one too. I also liked the Planters Cashews one.

In other news, the Patriots allegedly taped the Rams' pre-game walkthrough in 2002, and they managed to win the Super Bowl as a result. I'm beginning to think that they've been cheating ever since.

1. How many times have the New York Giants won the Superbowl?

The New York Giants have won the Superbowl a total of four times, in 1986, 1990, 2007, and 2011.

2. Who was the MVP of the Superbowl when the New York Giants won?

In 1986, Phil Simms was named MVP. In 1990, Ottis Anderson received the MVP award. In 2007, Eli Manning was named MVP, and in 2011, he received the MVP award again.

3. When was the last time the New York Giants won the Superbowl?

The last time the New York Giants won the Superbowl was in 2011, when they defeated the New England Patriots 21-17.

4. How many times have the New York Giants been to the Superbowl?

The New York Giants have been to the Superbowl five times, winning four of those appearances in 1986, 1990, 2007, and 2011.

5. Who did the New York Giants beat in the Superbowl to win in 2007 and 2011?

In 2007, the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots 17-14, and in 2011, they once again defeated the Patriots 21-17.