Joining the Forum to Enhance My Children's Math and Science Education

• Thread starter Gwen
  • Start date
In summary, joining a forum is a beneficial way to enhance your children's math and science education. By participating in online discussions and sharing resources with other parents and educators, you can gain valuable insights and learn new techniques to support your children's learning. Additionally, forums provide a platform for your children to ask questions and engage with experts in these fields, fostering their curiosity and passion for math and science. Overall, joining a forum can greatly supplement your children's education and help them succeed in these important subjects.
Gwen
Hi all my name is Gwen and I am a physician assistant with a specialty in orthopedics and currently working at a research center while I work on my doctorate in administrative medicine. Why you ask am I joining this forum, well I am a mom of two boys 11 & 7 and I am hoping to seek some advanced math and science help as my 11 year old hits some hurtles that I am just not equipped to properly help him with. I never felt as old as I do after seeing how differently they teach math in school now.

So I hope that the three of us will learn a great deal from the likes of you all, who from reading your prior posts all seem impressively bright.

Likes russ_watters and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Gwen. :smile:

Your PA is very impressive! I've worked with some truly awesome PAs over the years (I'm and EMT as well as an EE -- I know, strange combination).

You will get great help with your kids' schoolwork questions in our Homework Help forums. When you start a new thread there for a schoolwork problem, be sure to fill out the sections on the problem statement and any relevant equations/concepts, and show their/your best attempt to solve the problem. We will take it from there with tutorial help. We usually try to use probing questions to get the student to figure out the problem on their own whenever possible. :smile:

Likes Gwen
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF, Gwen. :smile:

Your PA is very impressive! I've worked with some truly awesome PAs over the years (I'm and EMT as well as an EE -- I know, strange combination).

You will get great help with your kids' schoolwork questions in our Homework Help forums. When you start a new thread there for a schoolwork problem, be sure to fill out the sections on the problem statement and any relevant equations/concepts, and show their/your best attempt to solve the problem. We will take it from there with tutorial help. We usually try to use probing questions to get the student to figure out the problem on their own whenever possible. :smile:
Thanks so much for the generous welcome Berkemen. I will certainly take your advice. I’m excited for my kids and myself to learn a great deal from this. Hopefully give back as well.
Have a great night!

Likes berkeman
Gwen said:
Thanks so much for the generous welcome Berkemen. I will certainly take your advice. I’m excited for my kids and myself to learn a great deal from this. Hopefully give back as well.
Have a great night!
P.S. always happy to meet another medical colleague. Worked with many EMT’s through the years and they never ceased impressing me with their knowledge! Great people to learn from.

Likes berkeman