Ready to join the conversation? Meet Stitch, a newbie astronomer from the UK!

• Thread starter Stitch
  • Start date
In summary, Stitch introduces himself as a newcomer from the UK with an interest in astronomy and physics. He joined the forum to find like-minded people to discuss and chat with. Other members welcome him to the forum and joke about the British taking over. They also ask about his favorite fish, and eventually, Stitch is properly welcomed by being hit with a fish by another member. The conversation then turns to a discussion about the TV show "House."
Stitch
Hello hello. I'm Stitch, and from the UK. :) - Figured I'd sign up and say hello in here before I started contributing to the other threads, so people know who I am.

I've developed an interest in astronomy and physics over the last few years in an amateur respect, and decided to sign up here after using the web to find a few forums/IRC links with like-minded folk to debate and generally chat with.

So again, hey! If this is the wrong place for welcome threads, I apologise. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forums, Stitch: it's always good to see another Brit around the place (we're going to take over... :tongue2:). Sounds like you've found the right place and will fit in well. I hope you enjoy your stay! :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

Hi Stitch, you have found the right place, all the top people are here and they are nice, but to be fully integrated you need to complete the ceremony, some one will be along soon i am sure.

Uh oh..

Hi Stitch! Since Wolram already has you braced for it...what kind of fish do you like? :biggrin:

Welcome to PF! You've found a really great place.

What's your favorite fish, Stitch?

(fishstitch?)

lisab said:
(fishstitch?)

I've never seen one do it. They don't wear clothes that require it

lisab said:
Welcome to PF! You've found a really great place.

What's your favorite fish, Stitch?

(fishstitch?)

I'm not going to get slapped in the face, am I?:eek:

Oh that's right, I did my research.:biggrin:

Hello Stitch. Welcome! :smile:

Stitch said:
I'm not going to get slapped in the face, am I?:eek:

Oh that's right, I did my research.:biggrin:

If you don't choose, we choose for you. :biggrin: :devil:

THUNCKCCCHHHHHHHH

Since you're from the UK, I chose a fish stick...only the best deep-fried, battered cod for you. Would you like chips with that? :biggrin:

Stop making me hungry!

There now, you've been properly welcomed!

That wasn't so bad now, was it? *hands Stitch an ice pack*

lisab said:
*hands Stitch an ice pack*

:uhh: Oh, should I have waited a bit after taking it from the fryer? :redface:

Moonbear said:
:uhh: Oh, should I have waited a bit after taking it from the fryer? :redface:

At least you did that. :tongue:

Thanks for the welcome, folks. :smile:

Poor Stitch probably has cats crawling all over him now. :tongue:

Welcome to PF Stitch! As cristo said, its nice to see a few more Brits around, I think that we may be able to colonise soon ... :wink:

Hootenanny said:
Welcome to PF Stitch! As cristo said, its nice to see a few more Brits around, I think that we may be able to colonise soon ... :wink:

Oh wow Dr.House!

Hey Stitch! Welcome and it's nice to see another person join :smile:

Hootenanny said:

Yeah, you have such a successful record in that department.

*throws tartar sauce at Stitch*

Welcome!

Focus said:
Oh wow Dr.House!
It's a great show, I've already pre-ordered the fourth season on DVD :biggrin:
tribdog said:
Yeah, you have such a successful record in that department.
:rofl:

Looks like the colonials are starting some trouble again Hoot. :wink:

1. What is Stitch's background in astronomy?

Stitch is a newbie astronomer from the UK who has always had a passion for the stars and the mysteries of the universe. He has recently joined a local astronomy club to learn more and share his knowledge with others.

2. How did Stitch get interested in astronomy?

Stitch has been interested in astronomy since he was a child. He was fascinated by the stars and the vastness of the universe. He would spend hours looking at the night sky and reading books about astronomy.

3. What is Stitch hoping to learn from joining the conversation?

Stitch is hoping to learn more about astronomy and connect with other astronomers who share his passion. He is also excited to share his own knowledge and perspectives with others.

4. What makes Stitch stand out as a newbie astronomer?

Stitch's enthusiasm and curiosity make him stand out as a newbie astronomer. He is always eager to learn and ask questions, and his fresh perspective brings new insights to the conversation.

5. What are some topics that Stitch may want to discuss with other astronomers?

Stitch may want to discuss topics such as different types of telescopes, the latest astronomical discoveries, the effects of light pollution on stargazing, and the possibility of extraterrestrial life. He may also be interested in sharing his experiences with observing the night sky and learning about different constellations and celestial objects.