Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Newbie here

1. May 29, 2004 #1
    hi.. im new. well, actually i signed up for this thing a few months ago back when i was in calc class... i was searching for math help on google and found a problem similar to the one i had a question on here... i signed up and havnet been here since. i think i can learn a lot from these fora, maybe help people too. it also seems like a fun place to be. so hello eveyone!
  2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2004 #2
    Hello fishys182 !
  4. May 29, 2004 #3
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find there's something fishy about this new member. You're not a weird, purple jellyfish trying to infiltrate the forum are you?
  5. May 29, 2004 #4
    hio fishy!
  6. May 29, 2004 #5
    Hiya fishy! You wouldn't by any chance happen to be a babel fish, would you? Cause if you were, then you could really help me out in german class :rolleyes:
  7. May 29, 2004 #6
    * Chen pokes fishys182

8. May 29, 2004 #7
    lol you guys are very welcoming! anyway, no i dont think im a purple jelly fish.. if i were some sort of water creature i would be.. well.. a goldfish
    and no... im not a babel fish.. that would rock though. hmm anyway, thanks for the welcomes
  9. May 29, 2004 #8
    Are you a large trout? :eek:
  10. May 29, 2004 #9
    welcome to pf
  11. May 29, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

So the plural of forum is fora.... thats my new thing learnt today, thanx fishy, you are welcome now. As long as you arent halibut.
  12. May 29, 2004 #11
    lol.. poor hailbuts and trouts... i think they both are cute fish... hmm anyway... thanks for more welcomings!
  13. May 29, 2004 #12
    something fishy is going on here.....

physics forums is a wonderful addiction to have.
  14. May 30, 2004 #13
    i was excited to see that there is so many diff places to go here.. like math, science, and philosophy. i want to help kids with their homework too.. if i remember anything.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?