Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Newbie to the nerd mecca

1. Mar 1, 2015 #1
    Hi all!

I'm Crystal. 25 years old and momma to an incredibly awesome 2 year old boy. I finished my RN and discovered that I hated almost every aspect of nursing. Long story short, math & science have always come incredibly easy to me (and pretty much everything else in school has not) so I decided to go back to school for something else. In one of my honors calc courses, a tutor I worked with was a physics major and suggested I look into it. I did, I fell in love, and here I am! I'm about done with my associates transfer degree and plan on applying to Cal Tech, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, and UCSB for my bachelors degree. I haven't the slightest idea as to what I'll specialize in, but I have (at least) a couple more years to figure that out. And hey, I'm pretty sure that's why some smart/awesome person put an academic guidance section in this thing, am I right!? I'd love to hear from anyone who has attended those schools or has any advice on someone transferring in to start their bachelors :)

Nice to meet everybody!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2015 #2
    Welcome to PF Crystal! I like the sound of "nerd mecca" :)

4. Mar 1, 2015 #3
    Thank you, thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook