Exploring Earth's History through Acoustic Emission: A Scientist's Perspective

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Emission
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of Acoustic Emission (AE) and its use in investigating Earth's crust and history. The individual is looking for resources and tutorials on AE signal processing and its application in geophysics. They also inquire if anyone has experience with this type of investigation.
Vance
Could you please give me some pages or materials about this AE ?

Where can i find out some nice tutorials ?

Thanks

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what you're asking. As far as I know Accoustic or Acoustic Emission techniques are techncal maintaince techniques to investigate if there are cracks in materials. In Earth science (Geophysics) we have seismic survey, is this what you mean?

Thanks Andre,
Okay, truthfuly, I want to know about AE (signal processing), and its use in investigating Earth's crust, nature, etc much relating to our Earth history. i would like to know if there is anyone here having done something like this before...

1. What is "Newie in Acoustic Emission"?

"Newie in Acoustic Emission" refers to a new technology or technique used in the field of acoustic emission (AE). AE is a non-destructive testing method that involves monitoring and analyzing sound waves produced by a material or structure under stress or strain. "Newie" is a term used to describe a new development or advancement in this technology.

2. How does "Newie in Acoustic Emission" differ from traditional AE methods?

The main difference is that "Newie in Acoustic Emission" utilizes advanced signal processing and data analysis techniques to extract more information from the sound waves produced during testing. This allows for more accurate and detailed assessment of the material or structure's condition.

3. What are the potential applications of "Newie in Acoustic Emission"?

"Newie in Acoustic Emission" has a wide range of potential applications in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, and civil engineering. It can be used for structural health monitoring, detection of defects or damage, and assessment of material properties.

4. How reliable is "Newie in Acoustic Emission" compared to other testing methods?

"Newie in Acoustic Emission" has been shown to be highly reliable and accurate in detecting and assessing various types of damage in materials and structures. It also has the advantage of being a non-destructive testing method, meaning it does not cause any damage to the material or structure being tested.

5. Are there any limitations to using "Newie in Acoustic Emission"?

As with any technology, there are some limitations to using "Newie in Acoustic Emission". It may not be suitable for all types of materials or structures, and the accuracy of the results can be affected by external factors such as temperature and humidity. Additionally, proper training and expertise are required to accurately interpret the data obtained from "Newie" testing.