Minimum Kinetic Friction for Inclined Block System

In summary, the speaker is trying to calculate the minimum kinetic friction required to keep a system with two blocks connected by a string and placed on an inclined surface from accelerating. They have tried using a formula to set the acceleration to zero, but are still unsure of the answer and are seeking suggestions.
ISU20CpreE
I have a block conected to another block by a string in an inclined surface, with a frictionless pulley. Both blocks are the same weight so i already figure the acceleration of the object that its being pulled up.

What I don't know is how can I calculate the minimum kinetic friction that will keep the system from accelerating.

I tried setting the acceleration to zero for this formula:

[Tex] a= 1\ frac{m2*g-m1*g*sin\theta - \mu*m1*g*cos\theta} {m1+m2} [\tex]

after that i really don't get the answer. Please any sugestions.

Physics news on Phys.org
Already answered in the other thread

thanks fermat

1. How does friction affect Newton's Law?

Friction is a force that opposes motion and it affects Newton's Law by reducing the acceleration of an object. This means that the object will require more force to maintain its motion.

2. What is the role of friction in Newton's First Law?

In Newton's First Law, friction is responsible for preventing objects from continuing their motion indefinitely. It acts as a force that brings the object to a stop, thus demonstrating the law of inertia.

3. How does Newton's Second Law account for friction?

Newton's Second Law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the applied force and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. When friction is present, it acts as a force that reduces the acceleration, thus affecting the overall motion of the object.

4. Can friction ever be beneficial in the context of Newton's Third Law?

In Newton's Third Law, friction can be beneficial in certain situations. For example, when a car is braking, the friction between the tires and the road allows for the car to slow down and eventually stop. This demonstrates the equal and opposite forces at play in this law.

5. How does the coefficient of friction relate to Newton's Laws?

The coefficient of friction is a measure of the level of friction between two surfaces. It plays a role in Newton's Laws by affecting the amount of force required to overcome friction and maintain an object's motion. A higher coefficient of friction means more force is needed, while a lower coefficient of friction requires less force.