Did Newton Predict Antigravity and Weight Loss Using Velocity?

• Thread starter blackscience
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around whether or not Newton predicted the role of velocity in antigravity or weight loss phenomenon. The original poster was seeking clarification and background information on this topic, as they had read a reply mentioning Newton's prediction. However, after further discussion, it was concluded that Newton did not make such a prediction.
blackscience
Hello to everyone

Did Newton prerdict that velocity played a role in antigravity or weight loss phenomenon?

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
blackscience said:
Hello to everyone

Did Newton prerdict that velocity played a role in antigravity or weight loss phenomenon?
I'm confused. Are you referring to Isaac or Wayne?

AM :wink:

Perhaps you could provide some backgound information to help us help you. Do you have reason to believe that Newton had anything to say about antigravity? If he did I have never heard of it.

No he didnt.

I read a reply from J-Man to Petrus dated 1/5/03 reguarding the General theory on antigravity and J-Man tells Petrus that he has "renamed a phenomenon that has been predicted by Newton". That is why I was asking because I had never heard of such a thing my self. I own the book Philosophiae Natturalis Principa Mathematica, by Sir Isaac Newton and if I missed him talking antigravity I wanted to know what page it was on. Sorry for all of the confusion and thank you for your time and opinion.

1. What are Newton's predictions?

Newton's predictions refer to the laws of motion and gravitation that Sir Isaac Newton developed. These predictions include the laws of inertia, acceleration, and action and reaction, as well as the law of universal gravitation.

2. How accurate were Newton's predictions?

Newton's predictions have been proven to be extremely accurate in explaining the motion of objects on Earth and in space. They have been used to successfully predict the orbits of planets, comets, and other celestial bodies, and are still widely used in modern physics and engineering.

3. How did Newton come up with his predictions?

Newton's predictions were based on his observations and experiments with falling objects and the motion of planets. He also built upon the work of previous scientists, such as Galileo, and developed his own mathematical equations to describe the laws of motion and gravitation.

4. Are Newton's predictions still relevant today?

Yes, Newton's predictions are still relevant and widely used today in fields such as physics, engineering, and astronomy. They provide a solid foundation for understanding the motion of objects and the forces that act upon them.

5. Have Newton's predictions ever been proven wrong?

While Newton's predictions have been extremely accurate, they have been modified and expanded upon by later scientists, particularly in the fields of relativity and quantum mechanics. This does not mean that Newton's predictions were wrong, but rather that they were not complete and needed further refinement and understanding.