Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nfl

1. Sep 12, 2004 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The NFL regular season is off. Use this thread to cheer your favorite teams, boo down other teams or just talk some football.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Today's Steelers vs Raiders game gave us an incredible stat line.

Jerome "The Bus" Bettis (Pit, RB) had 5 carries for 1 yd (long 1yd) and . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 TDs !!!???!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  4. Sep 12, 2004 #3
    I'm not a football fan but the NY Jets practice and train in my
    univ. hah

5. Sep 12, 2004 #4
    The Jets should be ashamed of themselves. After the Cowboys cut Quincy Carter for drug problems, they signed him.

The Cowboys were trying to make a point - that you can't play for them if you're using drugs.

The Jets destroy that whole point by signing him.

6. Sep 13, 2004 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For the first time, I saw a QB throw with his wrong hand. Today, in the Broncos-Chiefs game, Jake Plummer (QB, Denver) threw a desperation chuck with his left hand. It was picked off and led to a Kansas City touchdown. Guess Jake learned a valuable lesson today...one you don't often get taught, I'd imagine. :approve:

7. Sep 13, 2004 #6

Gza

Being from the South Bay Area, i'm a hardcore 49er fan. You could imagine how mad I was when we couldn't manage to win against the Falcons yesterday. We had at least 3 or 4 chances to win the game, but when it came down to it, the offensive coordinator made some really stupid decisions. Running on third and twenty? Or how about trying to pass it in on the two point conversion to tie the game, instead of running with Kevan Barlow, who just broke like a twenty yard a play before. I think we have a good team, it is just really coming down to shoddy playcalling now.

8. Sep 13, 2004 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Even left handed, he throws better than Mat McBriar or Caro Yepremian. :uhh: Okay, maybe comparing his throwing style to a punter and a field goal kicker smacks of desparation. :frown:

Oh, well, at least they won - who's Clinton Portis? (please, don't remind me of that last comment when Portis breaks the career rushing record)

9. Sep 14, 2004 #8

Gza

As if no one in the NFL uses drugs :rolleyes: . I mean, look at the gold suits Michael Irvin was wearing in the 90's. Can you name someone who would wear a gold suit and not be on drugs? :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  10. Sep 14, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

We have odds on the American Football. I dont know what they are though.. I'll find out the favourites later today.

11. Sep 14, 2004 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, let's hear that.

12. Sep 14, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Monday Night's game was a good opener.

Does anyone in the NFL utilize the pump-fake nearly as masterfully as Favre (save perhaps, Rich Gannon in his prime) ? That touchdown pass last night was sheer poetry !!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?