1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nice career dilemma

1. Nov 3, 2009 #1
    Hi,

I've been offered a job that involves the design of electrical control panels. I can get involved with the wiring, installation, design, and software right up to the project management. However I've also bee offered a job as a Systems Engineer for air traffic control systems - I don't know which one would be better for me... What do you advise....?

Freddy_Turnip

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2009 #2
    It's difficult to give an answer without a lot more information. What are the respective pays, room for advancement, 'comfort' of each job, etc. I myself find the first one more interesting but I can't suggest it to you since I have no information about you.

4. Nov 3, 2009 #3
    I've taken the first job, the electrical one.

5. Nov 3, 2009 #4
  6. Nov 13, 2009 #5
    er... i got sacked / fired today. I stood up to the bullying i was subject to - and this proved to be unacceptable. No employment rights until one year in the job so they will just pick some nodding yes man.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook