Mt Carmel College of Nursing: Before & After

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Building
In summary, the Mt Carmel College of Nursing in Columbus, OH is quite impressive looking. The medical staff surrounding the patient is a nice touch, and what makes it more impressive is what the building looked like before the renovation. The project of Eric Grohe in Bucyrus, OH is also great, although I'm not a fan of that kind of thing done to buildings.
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not a fan of that kind of thing done to buildings.

Ahh but of course. The American interpretation of a healer, holding the staff of caduceus (2 snakes), the magic wand of control and occult, the protector of merchants and thieves; rather than the staff of asclepius (one snake), the god of health.

There is a mural on the side of a building in Columbia, South Carolina. It is a picture of a sunset seen through a tunnel. The problem - it is so realistic that in the evening, people have mistakenly driven into the side of the building. So they erected a barrier to prevent drivers from trying to enter the tunnel.

None of them were observed persuing a roadrunner just beforehand were they?

I'm never overly impressed by things like that done entirely for aesthetics, mainly because I've known enough about the behind-the-scenes finances of colleges and universities to know they are wasting money on sculpture while telling departments they have no money for necessities.

Moonbear said:
I'm never overly impressed by things like that done entirely for aesthetics, mainly because I've known enough about the behind-the-scenes finances of colleges and universities to know they are wasting money on sculpture while telling departments they have no money for necessities.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: too true.

I'd be the type to try to walk through that 2nd murale though.

The technique is called 'Trompe l'Oeil' - to deceive the eye.

I think its beautiful, he's a very good artist. Its also a very cheap way to spruce up a tired building vs a stone/cement make over.

lol moonbear, it isn't sculpture. Or were you perhaps thinking of an episode in your own life? Didn't get a new microscope because of the new fountain?

Here is more:

http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/caduceusstlouis.jpg

http://www.uiuc.edu/tours/quad/antratour/henrycaduceus.jpg

viipuri_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Mt Carmel College of Nursing?

Mt Carmel College of Nursing is a premier nursing school located in Columbus, Ohio. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs in nursing, as well as continuing education courses for healthcare professionals.

2. What is the history of Mt Carmel College of Nursing?

Mt Carmel College of Nursing was founded in 1903 by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. It started as a 3-year diploma program and has since expanded to offer a variety of degree options in nursing.

3. What are the admission requirements for Mt Carmel College of Nursing?

To be admitted into Mt Carmel College of Nursing, students must have a high school diploma or equivalent, complete prerequisite courses in science and math, and pass the TEAS exam. They must also have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and meet clinical health requirements.

4. What are the academic programs offered at Mt Carmel College of Nursing?

Mt Carmel College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, an Accelerated BSN program, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. It also has a variety of certificate and continuing education programs.

5. What are the career prospects for graduates of Mt Carmel College of Nursing?

Graduates of Mt Carmel College of Nursing have a strong track record of success in the nursing field. Many go on to work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings, and some pursue advanced degrees in nursing. The college also has a strong alumni network that provides career support and opportunities for networking.