Nigerian Email Scams: Baiting The Scammers

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, a website has been created where the creator has tricked scammers into taking embarrassing photos of themselves holding up fake company logos. Some even sent full frontal pictures and one scammer even sent money to the creator. The website provides entertainment by showcasing the stupidity of scammers. However, it is important to remember that the people in the photos may be innocent bystanders.
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Scamming the scammers

I'm sure you've all received some of these.

I'm sure most of you have seen "baiting" websites...

but this site is unreal!

They've actually convinced these scammers to take pictures of themselves holding up "company logos" such as:

"I take it up the arse"

or

"I shag sheep"

or

or

or

One guy actually got not one, but TWO scammers to send full frontal pics. :eek:

The guy who runs it apparently managed to get one of them to send HIM money.

Good for a few hours of laughing at human stupidity. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The people in the pictures are probably innocent bystanders..

It's always entertaining to see scammers get scammed. However, while it may seem like a harmless and amusing way to get back at these scammers, it's important to remember that these people are still committing crimes and taking advantage of unsuspecting victims. Baiting them may provide temporary satisfaction, but it doesn't address the root problem of these scams and the harm they cause to individuals and communities. It's important to stay vigilant and educate ourselves and others on how to spot and avoid these scams, rather than engaging in potentially risky and unethical behavior. Let's work towards stopping these scammers instead of playing into their game.

1. What is a Nigerian email scam?

A Nigerian email scam, also known as a "419 scam" or "advance fee scam," is a type of fraud in which scammers pose as individuals or organizations from Nigeria and request the recipient's help in transferring a large sum of money out of the country. The scammers typically promise a large reward in exchange for a small upfront payment or personal information.

2. How do scammers target their victims?

Scammers usually send out mass emails to a large number of people, hoping to find someone who will fall for their scam. They may also target specific individuals through social media or online dating platforms. In some cases, scammers may obtain personal information through data breaches or by posing as a legitimate company or government agency.

3. What are some warning signs of a Nigerian email scam?

Some common warning signs of a Nigerian email scam include: promises of large sums of money for little to no effort, urgent or demanding language, requests for personal information or bank account details, and emails that contain poor grammar or spelling errors. Additionally, if the sender's email address or contact information seems suspicious or unfamiliar, it is best to avoid responding.

4. What should I do if I receive a Nigerian email scam?

If you receive a Nigerian email scam, the best course of action is to delete the email and not respond to the sender. Do not provide any personal information or send any money. You can also report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission or your local law enforcement agency. It is important to be vigilant and not engage with these scammers in any way.

5. What can be done to prevent falling victim to a Nigerian email scam?

To avoid becoming a victim of a Nigerian email scam, it is important to be cautious and skeptical of any unsolicited emails or messages. Never provide personal information or send money to someone you do not know and trust. Additionally, make sure to regularly update your security software and be aware of current scams and fraud tactics. If something seems suspicious, trust your instincts and do not engage with the sender.